Recommended hockey viewing tonight

nfreeman

I go back and forth on this a lot. Has San Jose won the cup? No. But man, for a number 1 center, that deal was straight robbery.

Maybe. But just as we on SabreSpace look at what trades produce down the road, let's look at what the Bs got: Sturm (hurt, I know), and what turned into Andrew Ference and Chuck Kobasew (both of whom went to the Finals with Calgary, if I'm not mistaken). Not so bad at all. At the end of the day, this was the beginning of some really shrewd moves on Boston's part, which might be why that screwy team is looking down at the rest of the league right now. I've got friends who are hardcore Bruins fans, and they really hated the Thornton move at the time, but a bit later, they can see it as a necessary evil.

We've had the same in Buffalo. When Michal Grosek went to the Hawks, and all we got was Doug Gilmour and JP Dumont in return, DeLuca was freaking inconsolable. Gratton for Briere? Crosschecking was on the verge of war. "What a load of liberal crap!" we heard, along with threats from the rest of the Ross clan that we would see nothing but crappy Latin mottos for the rest of our years. Yet, we persevered. Keith Ballard for Chris Drury (in effect)? All of Erie County could hear the little shriek as Taro T. died a little bit inside that night.

Ok. That last paragraph was kidding around, a bit. But the first one was for real. I think it was a good deal on Boston's part.

We've had our good trades, too. Who can forget Jeff Jillson and Andy Delmore?

Maybe. But just as we on SabreSpace look at what trades produce down the road, let's look at what the Bs got: Sturm (hurt, I know), and what turned into Andrew Ference and Chuck Kobasew (both of whom went to the Finals with Calgary, if I'm not mistaken). Not so bad at all. At the end of the day, this was the beginning of some really shrewd moves on Boston's part, which might be why that screwy team is looking down at the rest of the league right now. I've got friends who are hardcore Bruins fans, and they really hated the Thornton move at the time, but a bit later, they can see it as a necessary evil.

We've had the same in Buffalo. When Michal Grosek went to the Hawks, and all we got was Doug Gilmour and JP Dumont in return, DeLuca was freaking inconsolable. Gratton for Briere? Crosschecking was on the verge of war. "What a load of liberal crap!" we heard, along with threats from the rest of the Ross clan that we would see nothing but crappy Latin mottos for the rest of our years. Yet, we persevered. Keith Ballard for Chris Drury (in effect)? All of Erie County could hear the little shriek as Taro T. died a little bit inside that night.

Ok. That last paragraph was kidding around, a bit. But the first one was for real. I think it was a good deal on Boston's part.

We've had our good trades, too. Who can forget Jeff Jillson and Andy Delmore?

Deluca was a Grosek backer?? :doh:

Archived