[OT] Buffalo Bandits

JohnRobertEichel

This article perfectly sums up my feelings about the mentality of both teams.

Since the article was written, the Bandits have gone on to beat a very good Minnesota team on the road and are now 4-0. And that win was earned in spite of all the injuries to the defense: B.D. Smith, McCready, (Tom) Montour, and (Rich) Kilgour.

Any other lax fans here following the B's?

Not a lacrosse fan at all, but that article was pretty good. I might actually go check out a game.

I really hope you go to at least 1 game this year so you can see John Tavares before he retires (which could be after this season, he's almost 41 years old and in his 18th pro season). He's universally regarded as among the top 5 lacrosse players to ever play the game.

Here was Johnny in the championship game last year:

I really hope you go to at least 1 game this year so you can see John Tavares before he retires (which could be after this season, he's almost 41 years old and in his 18th pro season). He's universally regarded as among the top 5 lacrosse players to ever play the game.

Here was Johnny in the championship game last year:

He might have problems going to a professional lax game this year as he lives in Ra-cha-cha. ;)

However, I did hear that Donner does plan on bringing professional lax back to Ra-cha-cha any day now. He might even bring Jim Brown out of retirement, seeing how successful the Gait - Thorpe experiment is working. :w00t:

I always wanted to go to a NLL game...It is always so much fun to watch when I can see it on TV.

In other sports news, I was going through some stuff today and found a program from an early 90's Buffalo Blizzard vs Harrisburg Heat game in Harrisburg shortly after we moved here...I used to like indoor soccer...can't stand outdoor soccer.

Bandits win :w00t: !!! Now this is how you make a winning streak on the road out West.

Quick summary: Buffalo takes early 3-0 lead, then Edmonton ties the game up at 6-6, then Buffalo takes it away for the final score of 13-8. Accursi had a phenomenal game with 5 goals, Steenhuis and Tavares made their usual contributions with a hat trick each, and Monster was very solid at goaltender yet again. On the Edmonton side, former Bandits did pretty well as Teat scored 3 goals and Chugger was dominant right up until the end of the 3rd quarter. Thomas Montour and Richie Kilgour were both back from injury in this game. I'm still not sure when BD Smith and McCready are coming back.

We're now 5-0!!! Bandits play in Philly next weekend. Ianucci (Philly's offensive MVP last year) is expected to make his season debut for this game.

• 2 months later...

I figure this to be as good a time as any to bump this thread, since we're all down on the Sabres for missing the playoffs again. There will still be playoffs at the HSBC Arena in May, thanks to the Bandits clinching a spot Saturday night. Next game is Friday night, 7:30, HSBC.

Just to get everyone pumped up :w00t: :

I went to the Bandits game in Boston vs the Blazers. What a difference. 3,000 people in the place max. ABout 100 Bandits fans travelled to the game from Buffalo. Bandits were down 6-1 in the first. I west to get a beer and Boston fans razzed me on the way up the aisle. By the time I got back it was 6-6. The Bandits took the lead and never looked back.

PTR

This article perfectly sums up my feelings about the mentality of both teams.

Since the article was written, the Bandits have gone on to beat a very good Minnesota team on the road and are now 4-0. And that win was earned in spite of all the injuries to the defense: B.D. Smith, McCready, (Tom) Montour, and (Rich) Kilgour.

Any other lax fans here following the B's?

I went to a few games back when they first started (I've since moved away), it was like a huge party, just awesome. I agree with what the article had to say too.

I went to the Bandits game in Boston vs the Blazers. What a difference. 3,000 people in the place max. ABout 100 Bandits fans travelled to the game from Buffalo. Bandits were down 6-1 in the first. I west to get a beer and Boston fans razzed me on the way up the aisle. By the time I got back it was 6-6. The Bandits took the lead and never looked back.

PTR

The official numbers say 7,073 tickets were sold for that game, but point taken: the NLL fan base in Buffalo is clearly much stronger. Attendance for Bandits home games has been averaging about 95% capacity (18,000 fans) this season. I'll cut Boston some slack, though, because it's their first year in existence while the Bandits have had 18 years to build a fan base.

Bandits drop one to NY 12-9 but can still clinch the East with a win next weekend.

PTR

I had a bad feeling about this game. The Bandits played the night before and the Titans didn't. Plus according to the Buffalo News, the flu bug was going around the team, most notably afflicting Tavares and Steenhuis. Oh yeah and Mike Thompson flat out sucks this year as the backup goalie.

Oh well. No more excuses. Just win the next 4 games.

Archived