Rental Players -- Good Fits

Lethbridge Broncos

I've had a huge hockey man crush on Dustin Brown for awhile now. The dude does it all.

You, 30 hockey GMs (including his own) and most every hockey fan that knows of players on other teams. There are several guys around the league like that. Obviously, you've got your big-name guys like OV, Crosby, Malkin, Datsyuk, etc., but there are lesser-named players like Brown, Lucic, etc. that every team would also want.

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/story/11286085/rss

Link to the most recent update on available players. Bouwmeester would be nice! ;)

I wouldn't mind bringing Doug Weight in as long as his price doesn't go too high. He'd help with scoring, grit and leadership, even if Connolly stays healthy, and could effectively center a scoring line if Timmy goes down.

I wouldn't mind bringing Doug Weight in as long as his price doesn't go too high. He'd help with scoring, grit and leadership, even if Connolly stays healthy, and could effectively center a scoring line if Timmy goes down.

And bonus - maybe then he'd learn Jason Pominville's name.

How about this guy?

[email=http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/ana090121.html]http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/ana090121.html[/email]

With just four wins in their last 10 games, the Anaheim Ducks have fallen down the standings and find themselves just two points out of the playoff picture.

According to various reports, the Ducks are considering the possibility of dealing away superstar defenseman Chris Pronger.

During Hockeycentral at Noon on Toronto sports radio station The Fan590, hockey insider Nick Kypreos indicated that the Ducks will trade Pronger at some point this season, especially if the team falls lower down the standings.

"He's getting traded," said Kypreos, who is a hockey analyst for Rogers Sportsnet. "If they miss the playoffs, he's done."

Here are the trade scenarios I can think of (in fantasy land of course):

Pronger for Vanek straight up

Sekera & Roy for Pronger

Butler & Pominville for Pronger

So we can rule this out now, right?

I don't really see why there is a big hurry to trade him on their part, especially with Beauchemin injured and a UFA after the season, but money would have to be part of it so Vanek would not help them in that area. The other forwards you mention are cheaper but given the state of the Sabres blueline they really can't give up a D-man. I just do not think they match up at all with the Ducks for a deal.

Besides, didn't his wife want out of Edmonton because it was too small and boring? I love Buffalo with all my heart, but if she has been living in L.A., when he says "Buffalo" she will hear "Edmonton East" ...

What are the chance we could trade away LaLame? If we do make the playoffs I can't see him playing any games and if Miller gets hurt we're screwed.

For who? What could we possibly get as a backup that is better than Lalime for what we have to offer?

Maybe if the team would actually show up every time Patty played his record wouldn't be so bad?

Sure he's not as good as Miller when Ryan gets hot, but he's not bad. He just gets no support.

For who? What could we possibly get as a backup that is better than Lalime for what we have to offer?

Maybe if the team would actually show up every time Patty played his record wouldn't be so bad?

Sure he's not as good as Miller when Ryan gets hot, but he's not bad. He just gets no support.

Darcy should've got Auld to begin with.

I think the team shows up more when PL plays, usually less shots on goal. He hasn't had a season below.9since Ottawa like 5 years ago.

Archived