Thrashers starting to sell

carpandean

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_ylt=AkQ_...t&type=lgns

Do they have anyone that we could use, they are likely to sell and we have any chance of actually seeing our front office make a move for*?

* I know that the chances are between slim and none for any trade, but Kovalchuck, for example, would be on the "none" side of that even if Atlanta were selling.

Todd White has been thrown out there as an option for depth at center. He's been relatively hot this year (14G, 28A, 42P in 44 games) and comes with a very modest salary/cap hit (about $2.5 million) for the next two seasons. Of course, it could be argued that at 5'10" and 195 lbs, he's "more of the same", but he might be the only type of option that there is for us to avoid Hecht or, god forbid, Connolly being our second-line center next year.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_ylt=AkQ_...t&type=lgns

Do they have anyone that we could use, they are likely to sell and we have any chance of actually seeing our front office make a move for*?

* I know that the chances are between slim and none for any trade, but Kovalchuck, for example, would be on the "none" side of that even if Atlanta were selling.

Todd White has been thrown out there as an option for depth at center. He's been relatively hot this year (14G, 28A, 42P in 44 games) and comes with a very modest salary/cap hit (about $2.5 million) for the next two seasons. Of course, it could be argued that at 5'10" and 195 lbs, he's "more of the same", but he might be the only type of option that there is for us to avoid Hecht or, god forbid, Connolly being our second-line center next year.

White benefits from playing with Little(hustle) and Kozlov(shooting)...although as much as I hate to say it, he may be an upgrade over what the Sabres have now.

As for Williams being moved...he's been in the doghouse most of the year. They essentially moved him for couple rolls of tape. As for the rest of Atlanta's roster, half the team is made up of what should be career AHLers'has-beens and never-will-bes. Thorburn, the same moved by the Sabres & Pens was playing on the 1st line with Kovalchuck for a while. Now Kovalchuk's center is Peverley, recently waived by Nashville.

Here's who I can see Atlanta moving (including White):

Schneider - Don't want him other then for the PP. He's Teppo Part Deaux, but slower.

Lehtonen - Anyone want a headcase, off-injured goalie with talent?

Perrin - Roy's size with half the talent.

Christensen - Intriguing. He's a center, has amazing hands, but has also been in the doghouse for lack of conditioning/motivation.

Havelid - Hasn't been bad...hasn't been great. I can see him benefiting someone as a #3-4 D-Man. I don't think he's the #1-2 the Thrashers have asked him to be.

Boulton - Sabres don't need him, but at this point I'd take him over Peters. At least he fights like he means it and busts his ass on the ice.

Reasoner - Decent defensive 3rd line center (little offense), but I believe he just signed this offseason as an FA. Not sure what his ocntract looks like.

Archived