[Game Day] Thrashers @ Sabres 7:00 pm

SabresBeat

i'm just checking in now... The radio broadcast quality seems to have improved greatly since the beginning of the season.

5:00 to go in the 2nd... 2-1 atlanta

Now, if only they could stream it through the end of the postgame show...

4-2 final score. Max gets a goal after a short handed empty netter gave Atlanta a three goal lead. Has there been a game since Ottawa that they we down by three goals? All right, since San Hose?

Pretty disappointing tonight.

I hope it doesn't take them too long to get their momentum back. I am sure tonight's performance had something to do with the fact that they haven't played together in a couple weeks. Plus, I am pretty sure Rick and Jim said Atlanta was trapping towards the end, and we all know how well this team deals with the trap.

Guest Steve Who Knows All

I told you people. The Sabres are crashing and burning from here on out. They will still make the playoffs but they will limp in.

Wait, the Sabres were rusty but the Thrashers were not? Was Atlanta playing NHL games somewhere during the break? And if it's the trap that explains several poor performances this year, the Sabres better figure out an answer for it.

I won't agree with Steve the Troll, but I do think fans have be somewhat realistic here. Any motivation to finish finish in the division or conference (or league) is going to be surpassed by the motivation of a lot of opponents desperate just to get it. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Sabres go .500 the rest of the way. Not that it means that much... you can take the top seed in the conference and $4.99 and get a minute's worth of phone sex.

I don't see the games, so someone who does please assure me that Ryan Miller is not taking a step back at this stage of the season. This is about four or five games now in a row where the red light has been on a lot more than usual. That's really the big unknown about this team -- no one knows how Miller is going to respond down the stretch of an NHL season and in the Stanley Cup playoffs.

Wait, the Sabres were rusty but the Thrashers were not? Was Atlanta playing NHL games somewhere during the break? And if it's the trap that explains several poor performances this year, the Sabres better figure out an answer for it.

I won't agree with Steve the Troll, but I do think fans have be somewhat realistic here. Any motivation to finish finish in the division or conference (or league) is going to be surpassed by the motivation of a lot of opponents desperate just to get it. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Sabres go .500 the rest of the way. Not that it means that much... you can take the top seed in the conference and $4.99 and get a minute's worth of phone sex.

I don't see the games, so someone who does please assure me that Ryan Miller is not taking a step back at this stage of the season. This is about four or five games now in a row where the red light has been on a lot more than usual. That's really the big unknown about this team -- no one knows how Miller is going to respond down the stretch of an NHL season and in the Stanley Cup playoffs.

PA, don't get me wrong...I am not happy that they lost last night, nor with how the game sounded. While neither team played together over the break, it's not ridiculious to say that the time off may have had more of an effect on the Sabres than the Thrashers.

I think the team's play against the trap is definately a concern. Looking back we have had a hard time getting things going against teams that have played the trap against us.

I think I'm being entirely realistic. Don't get me wrong, I am not happy about last night's game, but last night was just one game. I seem to remember similar conversations when the team was slumping for a few games back in January. They were able to bounce back then.

Now, if they have a few games in a row where they continue to struggle, I will start to worry, but I think it's unfair to base the team's performance for the rest of the year on one game.

As for Miller...here are his stats for the past 5 games: http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/players/2637

Not the best, but I am going to wait a few more games before I start to be concerned about it.