This team can be really good...

matter2003

I don't think even the most ardent Sabres supporters would have thought this team would be 8-2-2 after its first 12 games and leading the division(although the Habs are only a point behind with 2 games in hand), not to mention we have beaten all of the good teams we have played(Montreal, NYR, Minnesota, Boston and New Jersey).

Just how good can this Sabres team be?? We are still missing a key component with Hecht out, but even when we had 2 or 3 players out it seemed like we never missed a beat.

So where do you think the Sabres will end up this year?

Personally, I think they are going to be duking it out all year with the Canadiens, and probably will just miss out on the division title, finishing 4th in the conference, but likely ahead of the 3rd place finisher in points, which will probably come from the Southeast division.

Ah, I am not even worrying about it yet. All you have to do is look at the Bills to know a lot can still happen. i thought they were a playoff team coming in and I still do, but as far as top 4 or battling for eighth, it's still WAY too early to tell. But I like what I am seeing, especially in their own end and from Miller.

IMO...Montreal will win the divison. I stated before the season(see below) that if the stars align correctly the Sabres can finish between 4th and 6th. In order for them to finish this high, the following has to happen...

1 - Roy and Pominville play out of their minds again(very possible)

Hasn't happened yet.

2 - Miller is a lot better than last year both in games and in shootouts(I'll reserve judgement for now)

Been about as good as he can be.

3 - Lindy uses his backup goalie and said backup goalie is capable of winning some games(I'd be amazed if this happens)

Lalime has been good and bad. Yet to be determined how much Lindy will use him after 1/1.

4 - Vanek decides he wants to play like a 7 mil a year hockey player(no comment)

So far, worth 7 mil a year and then some.

5 - The defense actually focuses on playing defense(The addition of Rivet will help a lot, but Lydman and Tallinder have to regain their form of a couple of years ago and Teppo has to show that he still has something left in the tank to be a 5-6-7 dman).

No problem to date and obviously a better group when Rivet is in the lineup.

Archived