George Babcock - Asst. Equipment Manager

BuffalOhio

I thought someone here knows George Babcock. I'd like to get ahold of him for an equipment issue that I have.

I keep getting hit in the feet (I play defense), and I have bunions on my feet. When I get hit there, Good GAWD does it hurt!

I'm trying to find something in the way of foot protection, or get some advice from a pro on how to fashion something to protect that area of my feet.

If anyone knows how I can get ahold of George, I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks all, and we're 3-0-1 after a 6-0 beatdown of some youngsters last night.

3rd on the team in scoring, 1st in PIMs!

Edit - I just left him a voicemail - that was easy! I hope he'll call me back.

I thought someone here knows George Babcock. I'd like to get ahold of him for an equipment issue that I have.

I keep getting hit in the feet (I play defense), and I have bunions on my feet. When I get hit there, Good GAWD does it hurt!

I'm trying to find something in the way of foot protection, or get some advice from a pro on how to fashion something to protect that area of my feet.

If anyone knows how I can get ahold of George, I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks all, and we're 3-0-1 after a 6-0 beatdown of some youngsters last night.

3rd on the team in scoring, 1st in PIMs!

Edit - I just left him a voicemail - that was easy! I hope he'll call me back.

Is there any such beast as a non-goony ref when they actually play?

I've played w/ and against probably a dozen refs through the years and nearly all of 'em were cheap as heck.

;)

I've played w/ and against probably a dozen refs through the years and nearly all of 'em were cheap as heck.

;)

Haven't done anything goony. Most are hooks, trips, or slashes when guys got behind me any my partner. I don't consider myself a goon, and I don't think anyone else would. I'm all about the breakout/breakaway pass baby!

;)

I'd have to imagine that with all the whining they have to listen to, they go crazy when they finally get the chance.

I'd have to imagine that with all the whining they have to listen to, they go crazy when they finally get the chance.

I'm more of a heckler. There's another ref on my team, and we're usually much better officials than the guys that do our games, so they're intimidated by us. It's fun!

I'm more of a heckler. There's another ref on my team, and we're usually much better officials than the guys that do our games, so they're intimidated by us. It's fun!

I'm surprised the other refs aren't out to get you. I know that if I was a ref, I'd like to terrorize other refs if given the chance.

I'm surprised the other refs aren't out to get you. I know that if I was a ref, I'd like to terrorize other refs if given the chance.

Nope, most of the time they play the "look the other way" card on other refs committing infractions. It is very rare to see a ref in the box unless the penalty was VERY obvious. They ALL stick up for each other. :o

DC probably is correct in that his penalties aren't the goony-kind because it's hard to look the other way when a D-man trips the forward that would have been on a breakaway after juking him out of his jock. Refs rarely get called for the goony ones. ;)

(Sorry DC, I'm just funnin' w/ ya. :D )

Nope, most of the time they play the "look the other way" card on other refs committing infractions. It is very rare to see a ref in the box unless the penalty was VERY obvious. They ALL stick up for each other. :o

DC probably is correct in that his penalties aren't the goony-kind because it's hard to look the other way when a D-man trips the forward that would have been on a breakaway after juking him out of his jock. Refs rarely get called for the goony ones.

I hope they at least talk a ton of trash throughout the games. If the player ref fans on a shot or makes a horrible play, the ref calling the game better get in a few cheap shots at him.

Archived