Pirates prepare for opening night

wildcat48

Pirates prepare for opening night

Portland, ME ? After a brisk morning skate at the Cumberland County Civic Center, the Pirates are ready for action tonight as they open the season against the Manchester Monarchs.

Pirates coach Kevin Dineen worked the players pretty hard on their breakout and pass protection schemes and I can say this team has some serious speed on the transition and it should make for a fun season.

Maine Hockey Journal>>>>

Fu*k the Butt-Pirates.

Sorry, I'm just a pissed off Rochesterian who has to watch the Panthers kids play now. Not like it used to be anymore.

Get over it.

Anyways, Pirates won 6-4 tonight.

Mancari hat trick. Gerbe 2 assists. Kennedy goal and assist and Butler 2 assists and +2.

Adam Dennis stopped 28 shots.

Fu*k the Butt-Pirates.

Sorry, I'm just a pissed off Rochesterian who has to watch the Panthers kids play now. Not like it used to be anymore.

I understand your frustration, but I think your rage is misdirected. You should be pissed at Donner the Hutt and Quinny/Golisano for letting a very favorable relationship fall apart.

I understand your frustration, but I think your rage is misdirected. You should be pissed at Donner the Hutt and Quinny/Golisano for letting a very favorable relationship fall apart.

Yeah I know. I'm jealous that I can't watch the prospects of my team anymore. Now I get to watch the prospects of a team 1,500 miles away. If I didn't care if I ever saw another hockey or football game again, then I'd harpoon that fat POS Donner myself. What a freakin idiot he is!

Side note - Amerks 0-2 to start the season after being shellacked 6-1 in Syracuse tonight. WTF!!! :wallbash:

Wildcat48 - any idea how Dineen and the Sabres are planning on rotating the goalies? I can't imagine they are too high on Dennis anymore, and probably want to see what Enroth can do.

I expect Dineen to rotate his goalies for the first month and then when a goalie gets hot, he'll ride that horse til he's beaten down....... :chris:

I expect Dineen to rotate his goalies for the first month and then when a goalie gets hot, he'll ride that horse til he's beaten down....... :chris:

Cool. I'm really interested to see how Enroth adapts to the NA style and how he holds up.

Yeah I know. I'm jealous that I can't watch the prospects of my team anymore. Now I get to watch the prospects of a team 1,500 miles away. If I didn't care if I ever saw another hockey or football game again, then I'd harpoon that fat POS Donner myself. What a freakin idiot he is!

Side note - Amerks 0-2 to start the season after being shellacked 6-1 in Syracuse tonight. WTF!!! :wallbash:

It'll be OK. Amerk6 told us that the Panthers have a much better minor league system than the Sabres do, so any day now I'm sure that the Amerks will get their 1st win and just start rolling. :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Sorry, I feel absolutely no sympathy for Donner nor his alter ego / apologist.

It'll be OK. Amerk6 told us that the Panthers have a much better minor league system than the Sabres do, so any day now I'm sure that the Amerks will get their 1st win and just start rolling. :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Sorry, I feel absolutely no sympathy for Donner nor his alter ego / apologist.

As much of an Amerks fan I am, I wouldn't be at all upset to see them crap the bed this year and watch attendance drop. I wonder how much research Styres did before going in partners with that waste of skin Donner. I would just hate to see this city lose the team though.

^^ me too. While i don't plan on going to any games i think it's good for the city to have it's team. With that said, it's not Buffalo's fault and certainly not Portland's. Portland will treat our players such better. When our prospects played in Rochester last 2 seasons, they had to stay in a small hotel room instead of an apartment because Donner burned too many bridges. The team had very poor environment on and off the ice. The players will get treated much better in Portland. So, no matter where a Sabres fan is wrong, Buffalo, Rochester or where ever, we all should be proud and happy our prospects are located in Portland, Maine.

Does anyone know if they got anymore guy for D in portland this year last I heard it was a mad scramble right before the season started to get 6 health guys on the ice.

The demotion of Mike Weber brings their roster total to 7 defenseman. They also have M.A. Gragnani and Marc Mancari, both of whom have played D at some point in their careers.

Does anyone know if they got anymore guy for D in portland this year last I heard it was a mad scramble right before the season started to get 6 health guys on the ice.

Weber

Butler

Card

Gragnani(should be playing forward)

Kostka

Baier(signed by Portland)

Funk(injured w/concussion)

That gives them 6 playing and 1 injured. I hope when Funk comes back that Gragnani goes back to forward where we was during training camp.

Archived