How did Deluca67 not start this thread ...

carpandean

Sure, he's had knee problems, but a 6' 4", 235 lbs nasty SOB on the blue line ... what's not to like? Plus, Rivet could put in a good word.

(Player profile) (Story)

Imagine:

Spacek-Rivet

Lydman-McLaren

Weber-Numminen

Boy, would that be a new look on D!

(Note: I'm only semi-serious because I don't know where he is with his knee.)

For you viewing pleasure:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcEKLrE9zn0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcEKLrE9zn0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Good for a laugh:

Because he's garbage. And a huge injury risk.

The "garbage" part is nonsense. He played 61 games, averaging over 18 minutes of ice time per game, last year for SJ, widely regarded as a legit cup contender. The prior 2 years he played (both for SJ) 77 games, averaging nearly 23 minutes, and 67 games, averaging over 21 minutes.

You are correct about the injury risk. This feels like a McKee situation.

If he can pass a physical he'll definitely get picked up by someone.

The "garbage" part is nonsense. He played 61 games, averaging over 18 minutes of ice time per game, last year for SJ, widely regarded as a legit cup contender. The prior 2 years he played (both for SJ) 77 games, averaging nearly 23 minutes, and 67 games, averaging over 21 minutes.

You are correct about the injury risk. This feels like a McKee situation.

If he can pass a physical he'll definitely get picked up by someone.

Unfortunately, the two years you point out are two of the healthiest years he has ever had going back to juniors. I would call those years a fluke as the odds are that the injuries are only going to pile up more as a player gets older.

Unfortunately, the two years you point out are two of the healthiest years he has ever had going back to juniors. I would call those years a fluke as the odds are that the injuries are only going to pile up more as a player gets older.

I agree with you (although as I posted I do think someone will pick him up if he passes a physical -- $2.5 million just isn't that much for a good, tough, experienced defenseman). My point was simply that calling him "garbage" was ridiculous.

Archived