Line Combinations

inkman

Great lines. Although i wish Mike Ellis was on the fourth line with Mair and Kaleta. I don't think that line needs Peters. Montreal isn't a fighting team, so Rivet and Mair could take care of the dirty work. Montreal is a very skilled team and i am not looking forward to seeing Peters play for 2 minutes.

I love that Stafford is back with Vanek and Roy. If Stafford can use his size, that will be huge to open up the ice for Vanek and Roy. And i love that Max is with Connolly. I think that's the only center he can be successful.

And btw, Montreal lines for tomorrow-

Andrei K - Plekanec - Kovalev

Tanguay - Koivu - Latendresse

Sergei K. - Lang - Kostopoulos..

B?gin - Lapierre - Dandenault

Markov - Komisarek

Hamrlik - Brisebois / O'byrne

Gorges - Brisebois / O'byrne

And they name Carey Price as starter for Friday. Halak will get to play Saturday night.

I think Lindy will try to divvy up the D time fairly evenly among all of them. I would have liked to seen Ellis on LW for the 4th.

Darcy must have told Lindy to stretch out that 10 games Ellis gets as long as possible.

According to Paul Hamilton ... as of this morning at practice ...

Vanek-Roy-Stafford

Paille-Hecht-Pominville

Kotalik-Connolly-Afinogenov

Peters-Mair-Kaleta

Tallinder-Rivet

Lydman-Numinnen

Sekera-Spacek

Link - http://wgr550.com/Afinogenov-not-with-Roy-...ractice/3108740

I'd rather see Lydman with Rivet.

Darcy must have told Lindy to stretch out that 10 games Ellis gets as long as possible.

Wouldn't you want to get the 10 games over with as fast as possible?

If they try to send him down before he plays 10 games, isn't he practically guaranteed to be reclaimed by the Kings?

If they try to send him down before he plays 10 games, isn't he practically guaranteed to be reclaimed by the Kings?

Yes, just went back to look at the rule - the 10 game thing only matters to the Kings. The Sabres would have to put him on waivers even if he doesn't play one game. Dump Peters - play Ellis!

Since big George Laraque isn't in the lineup, I don't know why Peters is. I know that they have some big boys on defense (Komisarek and O'Byrne are about Peter's and Goose's sizes, respectively), but are they big fighters?

As said, Montreal isn't a big fighting team (obviously, by signing Laraque, they want to have the ability to, though.)

Edit: I'm not sure how I feel about playing Montreal first. They should be one of the best teams, so a win early against them would be a confidence booster. However, our boys also need a strong start to the season, so I would have liked a little less of a challenge out of the gate, especially with Goose out of the lineup.

The rest of the league would have a chance to claim him regardless of where they fall on the 10 game count. Also, looking at the schedule, the 10 game number looks to be pointless as he'll hit 30 days before he can play in 10 games. I forget which day he was claimed but that's how it works, whatever comes first, 10 games or 30 days.

Archived