Luongo named Captain

Two or less

He will not wear 'C' and thus not challenge rule 14d. Ohlund, Kesler, and Mitchell will wear A's.

wow. Isn't that something? Only reason why i post this is because i think that's a very interesting concept and i know a few people joked around about making Miller a captain.

Just heard it on radio. But it's on front page of tsn.ca right now as well.

He will not wear 'C' and thus not challenge rule 14d. Ohlund, Kesler, and Mitchell will wear A's.

Not only this, but he can't even act as a captain on the ice. He'll have to defer to the alternates.

Naming a goalie your captain works for a motivational thing, but it should never be allowed to actually be done. If it happens, you'd be asking the guy to leave his crease every time you want to dispute a call. And then he'll likely have to report to the bench, too. Way too much to ask of a goalie.

wow. Isn't that something? Only reason why i post this is because i think that's a very interesting concept and i know a few people joked around about making Miller a captain.

Just heard it on radio. But it's on front page of tsn.ca right now as well.

Strikes me as gimmicky. Loungo should wear the "C" if he plays without a mask and uses 1930's equipment

like the last Goalie captains.

The NHL should let goalies be captains. The refs can skate to the crease, can't they?

Luongo IS the Canucks and he should be captain. I think the rule is archaic and should be changed. The only reason it was changed was because the last goalie to wear the C was a complete raving lunatic and was always complaining and moaning. Surely the amount of times Luongo would have to deal with a situation would be minimal. It's more about the room.

The NHL should let goalies be captains. The refs can skate to the crease, can't they?

No, the goalie would have to skate to the ref crease while the referees are at the scorer's table. The goalie has enough to worry about already. Now your going to ask him to make sure he looks out for all the little details? His concern should be the puck and that's it.

Archived