Hockey where are they now ?

R_Dudley

Break in the fall ball action, Just bored waiting for my real two real favorite sports to start; 1. Hockey 2. Football, shame that don't actually start in that order.

Waynes world style ,,, dutttadut, dutttadut, dutttadut,,,, :worthy:

Was reflecting back or was that a flashback oh well same result, thought back to some of my old time favorite hockey games and one back in the day that was at the Aud with the triple crown line against our French connection and a little on fire goalie I would have loved for Bflo to have had called Rogie.

I really think we could have won that first SC in 75 if we had him......... Wonder where he is now... :rolleyes:

post-1346-1220058559_thumbjpg

What's your's ?

Good topic. I didn't see this til right now to be honest but the question "where are they now" was in my head this PAST weekend, and no, i am not kidding. I was on vacation in PA camping with a bunch of friends for a few days just to get away. Well, we talked hockey. And this one dude, who's a lawyer in Rochester. Cool kid, like 27yo, loaded, never liked hockey til last year when another lawyer took him to a Sabres game. His gf is friends with my gf and when the chicks were off talking about some show bout a dude, wife and like 9 kids, we talked hockey and few others joined in. He wanted to learn history so we were just talking and stuff. And i touched up a bit on Dixon Ward and Derek Plante. And these words came out of my mouth: I wonder where they are now. LOL nobody knew. So i said i'll go home and look it up, which i didn't, now today i was just chilling on Sabrespace and saw this topic and just had to make a post. Well thats my story. lol

Seriously though, anyone know what these two are up do? lol

post-210-1220378037_thumbjpg

post-210-1220378044_thumbjpg

Good topic. I didn't see this til right now to be honest but the question "where are they now" was in my head this PAST weekend, and no, i am not kidding. I was on vacation in PA camping with a bunch of friends for a few days just to get away. Well, we talked hockey. And this one dude, who's a lawyer in Rochester. Cool kid, like 27yo, loaded, never liked hockey til last year when another lawyer took him to a Sabres game. His gf is friends with my gf and when the chicks were off talking about some show bout a dude, wife and like 9 kids, we talked hockey and few others joined in. He wanted to learn history so we were just talking and stuff. And i touched up a bit on Dixon Ward and Derek Plante. And these words came out of my mouth: I wonder where they are now. LOL nobody knew. So i said i'll go home and look it up, which i didn't, now today i was just chilling on Sabrespace and saw this topic and just had to make a post. Well thats my story. lol

Seriously though, anyone know what these two are up do? lol

How about the gentleman in the background in the Derek Plante picture, Mr.

Jason Woolley. Also in that picture, all the fans look like they are standing on their feet. Must have been crunch time circa 1998 against the Caps in the ECF? Just a guess.

This is a good website for all players.

http://www.hockeydb.com/

Dixon Ward:

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=5636

Derek Plante:

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=4308

Looks like they are both retired from hockey.

haha i know about Hockey DB and trust me, if they were playing i'd know, but i was thinking like personal life.... like, coaching somewhere? Started a business? Attempting to be a referee like Dane Jackson once tried.... lol something like that.

haha i know about Hockey DB and trust me, if they were playing i'd know, but i was thinking like personal life.... like, coaching somewhere? Started a business? Attempting to be a referee like Dane Jackson once tried.... lol something like that.

:rolleyes: yep that was kinda where I was going with it. What happens to these old hockey players, do they walk away completely from it and just retire to fishing some little lake in Saskatoon :D

How about the gentleman in the background in the Derek Plante picture, Mr. "The Shot Heard 'Round The World" Jason Woolley.

Yeah that Wooley goal was cool to see again. Sabres have had some decent offensive defensemen through the years...

Here's what Wiki says about Plante:

In 2000?01 Plante starred for the AHL Philadelphia Phantoms, and by the end of the year was called up to join the Philadelphia Flyers. The Flyers kept Derek on their playoff roster to face the Sabres. Plante scored a goal against his former teammate Dominik Ha?ek earlier in the season, but the Sabres prevailed, and Plante hasn't been back in the NHL since.

For the past four seasons, Plante has been playing in European leagues, most notably with the Munich Barons. From 2005 to 2007, he played in the Asia League as a member of the Nippon Paper Cranes, winning the championship in 2007. During 2007?2008, he is playing for the SC Langenthal.

Some stats.

Article about Plante in the Asia Hockey League.

And one more - link is to a forum because the original article can't be found.

Now thats cool.. What other career allows you thse kind of opportunities, nice to see he is taking full advantage.....

Plante says he and his family are enjoying their time in Japan so far, experiencing a new culture, trying out the different food. He's happy that his hockey career has allowed him to sample life on another continent.
B-)

Thanks wolfman.

I hung out with brief Sabre, long time Amerk, Scott Metcalf last night. He works for Labatts and as far as I can tell he's a remote location flavor analyzer. :thumbsup:

:blink: I'm afraid to ask if he remotely analyzed your flavor :nana:

Archived