Eric Weinrich

stenbaro

Finally a little hockey news..I just wanted to chirp in and say I think these kind of coaches will help our young defenseman learn some toughness and nastiness...I like James Patrick he played a long time and was a very succesful defensman..He just wasnt your knock your teeth out type..Stanley Cup Winning teams have that attitude and those type players on it as well as coaches...I like the direction our NHL and AHL clubs are going with the defense..

Finally a little hockey news..I just wanted to chirp in and say I think these kind of coaches will help our young defenseman learn some toughness and nastiness...I like James Patrick he played a long time and was a very succesful defensman..He just wasnt your knock your teeth out type..Stanley Cup Winning teams have that attitude and those type players on it as well as coaches...I like the direction our NHL and AHL clubs are going with the defense..

Wienrich is a great pickup for a system coach.

Wienrich is a great pickup for a system coach.

Eleven (or any other board member who is apprised about the thread topic), please help me out here. Is he a player or a coach and what does he bring to the table?

Thanx in advance.

Eleven (or any other board member who is apprised about the thread topic), please help me out here. Is he a player or a coach and what does he bring to the table?

Thanx in advance.

He's going to be an assistant coach. He will join Kevin Collins (who was Randy Cunnyworth's assistant in Rochester) on Kevin Dineen's staff.

He's been around. He's played with some great talent and under some great coaches. If he was younger, he would be the perfect Sabre i think, he hit, and he was great with the puck. Like a Spacek. I really like this addition, mostly because i was in Canada few weeks ago and saw a little piece on TSN about future coaches, i think they were talking about the Laughs, but, they mentioned Weinrich as a future coach to watch. Kevin Dineen was also named. Which is pretty cool to have both on the staff.

List of other coaches in Portland- http://www.portlandpirates.com/newsarticle.asp?Id=1603

Archived