[OT] Coins from Sweden that could pass for quarters...

LabattBlue

I was just sorting through some quarters(looking for the state quarters that my daughter is missing from her book) and came across two coins from Sweden, that in this day and age with 50+ different US quarter designs, easily blend in. I have no idea what they are worth in US currency(one is marked "1 En Krona", the other is marked "1 KR"). One is from 1973, one from 2004. Knowing my luck, they are probably worth 2 cents each American. :lol: :lol:

I was just sorting through some quarters(looking for the state quarters that my daughter is missing from her book) and came across two coins from Sweden, that in this day and age with 50+ different US quarter designs, easily blend in. I have no idea what they are worth in US currency(one is marked "1 En Krona", the other is marked "1 KR"). One is from 1973, one from 2004. Knowing my luck, they are probably worth 2 cents each American. :lol: :lol:

Close, I guess:

Live rates at 2008.07.20 17:01:13 UTC

0.25 SEK = 0.0419231 USD

Sweden Kronor United States Dollars

1 SEK = 0.167692 USD 1 USD = 5.96330 SEK

LINK

Not being from/in Buffalo, do retailers still get all nasty about using Canadian Quarters? I found out the hard way with that one. I was working in a store in Rochaha and proceeded to give a customer a Canadian Quarter as change (this was about 12 years ago). The customer looked at me like I pissed on her dog.

Customer: "What the hell am I supposed to do with this?"

Inkman: "Use it at a store I guess?"

Customer: "You can't use Canadian Quarters in stores."

Inkman: "You're not from here, are you?"

Customer: "I'm from Buffalo"

Inkman: "Oh, I guess that whole being closer to Canada thing makes a difference. Weird."

Not being from/in Buffalo, do retailers still get all nasty about using Canadian Quarters? I found out the hard way with that one. I was working in a store in Rochaha and proceeded to give a customer a Canadian Quarter as change (this was about 12 years ago). The customer looked at me like I pissed on her dog.

Customer: "What the hell am I supposed to do with this?"

Inkman: "Use it at a store I guess?"

Customer: "You can't use Canadian Quarters in stores."

Inkman: "You're not from here, are you?"

Customer: "I'm from Buffalo"

Inkman: "Oh, I guess that whole being closer to Canada thing makes a difference. Weird."

You should have dropped a monster calf across her throat, and then when she was laying on the floor, gasping for air, you toss the quarter onto her chest and say "don't forget your change, beyotch.".

That would have shut her up.

You should have dropped a monster calf across her throat, and then when she was laying on the floor, gasping for air, you toss the quarter onto her chest and say "don't forget your change, beyotch.".

I would have given her the people's elbow just to make sure the point was made.

F'n A awesome man. Just cracked up and the wife mentioned "You're at it again with the hockey dorks, huh?". Can I borrow your calf inky?

F'n A awesome man. Just cracked up and the wife mentioned "You're at it again with the hockey dorks, huh?". Can I borrow your calf inky?

Funny, I get the same thing from my wife when I start laughing at the computer...

Ha! I just had exactly the same thing happen. This one and the 'punch all of his chins' one from the other thread had me laughing pretty good. Wife looked at me and just said "Sabres Board?"

Archived