They seem to be on a roll

spndnchz

When and if?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Will Pominville be signed before the season starts?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yup, by next week
    • No, he's going RFA

As Spock might say, that would be highly illogical. With Weber, Butler, Myers, Funk etc coming up the pipeline; I can't imagine Spacek being on the team much longer unless they move Tallinder or Loods.

I think between Spacek, Lydman & Tallinder, one will be with the Sabres beyond next year(09-10) and the other two will be moving on. Just too many blueline prospects in the pipeline.

A player has to be in the last year of their contract before they can be extended. Unless Roy isn't subject to the CBA, he cannot sign a new contract.

There goes another person raining on my "Happy Pomers is signed - let's extend all of the core for 10 years" posts. <_< Isn't this perhaps the final year of this CBA (did the NHLPA put that clause into play?)? If so then the end of the season perhaps there would be no or a new CBA which might allow extending prior to the final year of a contract (or maybe contracts are voided, etc.).

Ok, maybe I'm not thinking straight, but since I'm too lazy to look up their numbers, can you explain the two different games played stats listed for each player? Is that their last two seasons?

edit: That quote didn't work for some reason, but I was talking about that table you posted one page back.

Sorry I'm late to the meeting, homework.

yes, the two lines are the past two seasons for each player

2007-2008

2006-2007

Archived