Best News Ever

fushetti

well lets just say that if he doesn't come back in someway shape or form... then look for ottawa to exit quickly from the playoffs.... emery cannot carry that team... not a chance... or they'll trade but im not going to go into speculating that.

or they'll trade but im not going to go into speculating that.

I will ... ;) ... If hasek can't come back I bet they will go get a veteran from the West like Osgood, CuJo (Phoenix 10 points out of a playoff spot, he might be out there) or maybe even Roloson ... No way they head down the stretch with Emery, who may be more insane than Hasek. Then again, if Hasek is a maybe, do they dare try to bring in CuJo, who got boned in Detroit because of Hasek's presence? What happens if CuJo wins them some big games and then Hasek turns up healthy for the playoffs? Time bomb ... I do not envy Muckler right now ...

No surprise here. I've said all along that Dom just wanted to come back to the NHL just so he could play in the Olympics. He has is Cup ring already, he wanted one more shot at the gold.

You know whether he plays or not, he's gonna flame out. Lets just hope Muckler doesn't trade for a good goalie.

You know whether he plays or not, he's gonna flame out. Lets just hope Muckler doesn't trade for a good goalie.

At least this helps us get more in return for Biron. Obviously there's no way in hell that we would trade him to Ottawa (unless the offered someone like Spezza :P ), but it does shake up the market a bit.

I'm purring like that little evil cat in the cartoon "Dilbert." shrader, why be concerned about trading Biron to Ottawa? That wouldn't faze me at all, as long as we raked them over the coals in the deal.

I wish that was possible.

Biron and whatever for Spezza? A guy can dream.

Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but I'd rather play Ottawa with Hasek than without. If you want to be the best, you gotta beat the best. And wouldn't it feel better to beat him in the playoffs? I like and respect Dominik tremendously, but as a Sabres fan I'd like to make it totally clear to him and everyone else that we're doing just fine without him.

If we're looking for the "best news ever", IMHO, the best news we could get is Briere and Timmy both back 100%, no more serious injuries, and Miller staying razor sharp through the playoffs. If we can trade Marty and get either another solid defenseman or a tough forward who can score, even better. Regardless of whether we make a trade, I'm happy and very psyched with this team (with everyone back and a sharp Miller) against the Senators with Dominik. That would be an amazing series.

I really like this team and I don't think we need any favors from anyone else to make a run in the playoffs. We have great goaltending, a lot of speed, a decent amout of scoring talent. and a group of guys that will go through a wall for each other. I don't care who we play and I don't think we have to be worried about playing them. Let them worry about playing us.

Holy mackarel I can't wait for some more action.

Go Sabres.

Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but I'd rather play Ottawa with Hasek than without. If you want to be the best, you gotta beat the best. And wouldn't it feel better to beat him in the playoffs? I like and respect Dominik tremendously, but as a Sabres fan I'd like to make it totally clear to him and everyone else that we're doing just fine without him.

If we're looking for the "best news ever", IMHO, the best news we could get is Briere and Timmy both back 100%, no more serious injuries, and Miller staying razor sharp through the playoffs. If we can trade Marty and get either another solid defenseman or a tough forward who can score, even better. Regardless of whether we make a trade, I'm happy and very psyched with this team (with everyone back and a sharp Miller) against the Senators with Dominik. That would be an amazing series.

I really like this team and I don't think we need any favors from anyone else to make a run in the playoffs. We have great goaltending, a lot of speed, a decent amout of scoring talent. and a group of guys that will go through a wall for each other. I don't care who we play and I don't think we have to be worried about playing them. Let them worry about playing us.

Holy mackarel I can't wait for some more action.

Go Sabres.

Ooops. forgot to log in. that was me.

Archived