RFA bet just got more interesting

carpandean

I'm more than likely in the minority, but I'm still stuck on Pommers not being a top level player. He's a solid second line winger, but how much is too much?

He is a solid second line winger. He could play on the 1st line if he had to but he will probably be best on 2nd. 4 Mil would probably be what he should warrant. He will probably end up getting more because of the market.

He is a solid second line winger. He could play on the 1st line if he had to but he will probably be best on 2nd. 4 Mil would probably be what he should warrant. He will probably end up getting more because of the market.

I'll go with 4 mil per, but I guess the question is more: What is the limitation? If Jeff Carter is getting a cool 5 mil for 53 points last season, the market may be close to 6 mil per year for an 80 point producer.

I'll go with 4 mil per, but I guess the question is more: What is the limitation? If Jeff Carter is getting a cool 5 mil for 53 points last season, the market may be close to 6 mil per year for an 80 point producer.

I think pominville is gonna get a HUGE raise and his stats warrant it..He scored as many as Heatley and his agent is not gonna let the chance of a lifetime pass him by...

That's Jeff Carter and Philly and them signing Briere to a ridiculous contract as well. I know the market will demand more for Pommers but I really don't think he will get the same numbers. If he does, good for him and good for the sabres for being able to lock him up. If they can get him somewhere around 4.5 - 5.5, that would be great.

I'm more than likely in the minority, but I'm still stuck on Pommers not being a top level player. He's a solid second line winger, but how much is too much?

The sad part is that $5 million isn't top player money anymore. It may very well be 2nd line player money at this point.

The sad part is that $5 million isn't top player money anymore. It may very well be 2nd line player money at this point.

Roughly, my guess would be:

Franchise player: $8 million +

First liner: $5.5-8 million

Second liner: $3-5.5 million

Third liner: $1.5-3 million

Fourth liner: < $1.5 million

Obviously, these are very rough and would be specifically for current signings, not old contracts.

Obviously, these are very rough and would be specifically for current signings, not old contracts.

And who knows where things go today.

And who knows where things go today.

Those numbers look pretty reasonable and fairly accurate. They should stay accurate and reasonable for the next hour until some desperate GM blows the pay scale out of whack by vastly overpaying a second-liner.

Those numbers look pretty reasonable and fairly accurate. They should stay accurate and reasonable for the next hour until some desperate GM blows the pay scale out of whack by vastly overpaying a second-liner.

Anyone want to tackle the D-man breakdown before Campbell tears that one up?

Anyone want to tackle the D-man breakdown before Campbell tears that one up?

Not me. Like X said, someone is going to pay stupid money to Soupy and Orpik.

But IMO the franchise level should be somewhere right around Phaneuf's contract.

Archived