First deal of the Offseason about to happen?

apuszczalowski

The price of Pominville just keeps going up ... Carter is two years younger but Pommer's last two seasons have been more productive ... on the other hand, the Roy deal keeps looking better and better ... after Roy had 63 points and was +37 at age 23, he got $4 million/year ... Carter had 53 points and was +6 at age 23 and got $5 million a year ... I'm glad the CBA has kept salary inflation from getting out of control :blink:

Good move by Philly, even though we all hate them. <_<

i know it: carter was one of my favorite post-season players this year. :death:

The price of Pominville just keeps going up ... Carter is two years younger but Pommer's last two seasons have been more productive ... on the other hand, the Roy deal keeps looking better and better ... after Roy had 63 points and was +37 at age 23, he got $4 million/year ... Carter had 53 points and was +6 at age 23 and got $5 million a year ... I'm glad the CBA has kept salary inflation from getting out of control :blink:

great, dense analysis of a fluid situation, pipes. how're you pulling that off with sleep deprivation? ;)

The Leafs give up a 3rd round pick(70th overall) in what is considered a deep draft for a 3rd or 4th line guy on the wrong side of 30(he will turn 34 shortly after the season starts) who has scored 10 or more goals twice in his career and has a career high in points of 27? And they wonder why they can't turn things around.

http://blues.nhl.com/team/app/?service=pag...rticleid=366381

Millbank...you best be advised to NOT follow anything hockey related over the weekend. We all want to hear that you are getting better and reading Leaf news is not going to help. :)

The Leafs give up a 3rd round pick(70th overall) in what is considered a deep draft for a 3rd or 4th line guy on the wrong side of 30(he will turn 34 shortly after the season starts) who has scored 10 or more goals twice in his career and has a career high in points of 27? And they wonder why they can't turn things around.

http://blues.nhl.com/team/app/?service=pag...rticleid=366381

Millbank...you best be advised to NOT follow anything hockey related over the weekend. We all want to hear that you are getting better and reading Leaf news is not going to help. :)

If he is worth a 3rd then the Sabres will be getting alot more than that for Max...

If he is worth a 3rd then the Sabres will be getting alot more than that for Max...

It's the Leafs...no one in their right mind uses them to set trade values or contract worth.

It's the Leafs...no one in their right mind uses them to set trade values or contract worth.

What was up with that trade?lol..The Leafs are getting torched by the Radio and fans right now..Its quite comforting to hear them whine..LOL

Nashville goalie Chris Mason was traded to division rival St. Louis for a 4th round pick....??? That would have been a nice pickup for Buffalo. Darcy better be paying attention--we don't have to go the free agent route to get a solid #2 guy.

They will come up with something..It would be nice to have a vet with some experience to make it easier on Miller as far as game time is concerned..At least one that will give you a fighting chance...Well I am off to the golf course enjoy your day..Hopefully when I come back we will have traded Max for Stamkos and our 2 no 1s for Jokinen and Bowmeester(sp) :thumbsup:

I would trade Max for Mayers straight up. Mayers is tough as nails and is great to have on the ice for the second man in to take a draw. Good hitter and a nice price.

I didnt follow him have no clue about him....I know they are torturing Fletcher in Toronto right now just by listening to the radio..

Guest Sloth
They will come up with something..It would be nice to have a vet with some experience to make it easier on Miller as far as game time is concerned..At least one that will give you a fighting chance...Well I am off to the golf course enjoy your day..Hopefully when I come back we will have traded Max for Stamkos and our 2 no 1s for Jokinen and Bowmeester(sp) :thumbsup:

I'd be beyond happy if Darcy pulled that off. That would be an immediate improvement for the Sabres. In a sense, that would make them a new team.

I would trade Max for Mayers straight up. Mayers is tough as nails and is great to have on the ice for the second man in to take a draw. Good hitter and a nice price.

I wanted Mayers a few years ago, but haven't seen much of him lately.

Nashville goalie Chris Mason was traded to division rival St. Louis for a 4th round pick....??? That would have been a nice pickup for Buffalo. Darcy better be paying attention--we don't have to go the free agent route to get a solid #2 guy.

Mason had T-Bo like numbers and makes $3million a year ... no thanks.

Mason had T-Bo like numbers and makes $3million a year ... no thanks.

Sadly Mason's 2.90 GAA and .898 SV% were much better than T-bo's 3.31, .869 effort this year.

Mason just looks inconsistent - four shutouts but six games allowing 5 or more goals, including letting in five against us in late February.

Sadly Mason's 2.90 GAA and .898 SV% were much better than T-bo's 3.31, .869 effort this year.

Mason just looks inconsistent - four shutouts but six games allowing 5 or more goals, including letting in five against us in late February.

Once the SvPct drops below .900, it's all sucky .... whatever the case, he's overpaid to play 25 games for Buffalo.

Once the SvPct drops below .900, it's all sucky .... whatever the case, he's overpaid to play 25 games for Buffalo.

Generally I'd agree, but he's just .02 - two one-hundredths - under that magical line. Statistically you're looking at a 90% sv % vs. an 87% goalie. Neither should be between our pipes.

Archived