Report: Hasek to Retire (again)

Bmwolf21

I got the WGR Locker Room club email and found this link:

DETROIT (AP)?Dominik Hasek is expected to announce his retirement, a person in the NHL told The Associated Press on Sunday night.

The Detroit Red Wings scheduled a news conference for Monday morning without revealing details.

A person within the league, who requested anonymity because the announcement was Hasek?s to make, said Hasek was expected to end his award-winning career.

No word yet on whether he will jump up from the table and bolt to the door without stopping to talk to reporters.

I guess I really do believe him this time based on: 1) he's going out "on top"; and 2) the general feeling around the league is that he's now a backup only. That being said, it is Hasek, so I wouldn't rule him out completely, but probably 90% done.

I got the WGR Locker Room club email and found this link:

DETROIT (AP)?Dominik Hasek is expected to announce his retirement, a person in the NHL told The Associated Press on Sunday night.

The Detroit Red Wings scheduled a news conference for Monday morning without revealing details.

A person within the league, who requested anonymity because the announcement was Hasek's to make, said Hasek was expected to end his award-winning career.

No word yet on whether he will jump up from the table and bolt to the door without stopping to talk to reporters.

Will he wear that horrible sweater again?

I had to laugh when I read this story, approaching the 10-year anniversary of his first retirement.

He's 43, I'm amazed at the level he was able to play at the last 2 years.

We all didn't like how he left the Sabres, but I blame that on previous ownership for not getting a couple better offensive (goal scoring) players.

Guest Sloth
He'll always be a Red Wing.

With the way the US dollar has collapsed in the last decade it may be more beneficial for him to live in the U.S. now.

Haven't his kids spent most of their lives in the U.S.? If his kids are "American", don't you think he'd put them before himself by staying in the states? A lot of retired military families who spent 20 years moving around the country/world often stay where their kids finish growing up.

he was arguably the team's greatest player ever.

fixed (imho).

Once it's all said and done, and he's retired and living back in the Czech Republic, i will respect him and never forgot the memories of him.

i have to agree - it'll be water under the bridge - that guy was basically the franchise for a long period of time.

I blame that on previous ownership for not getting a couple better offensive (goal scoring) players.

i was there in niagara square, 1999, when rigas stepped up and said he was going to provide "the tools to finish the job."

i guess by "tools" he meant "phantom accounting practices" and by "finish the job" he meant "make certain my family's humiliation and incarceration". or something like that.

i was there in niagara square, 1999, when rigas stepped up and said he was going to provide "the tools to finish the job."

i guess by "tools" he meant "phantom accounting practices" and by "finish the job" he meant "make certain my family's humiliation and incarceration". or something like that.

Sounds about right.

Good for him. I hate the way he left the Sabres but he was a great player for us. Once it's all said and done, and he's retired and living back in the Czech Republic, i will respect him and never forgot the memories of him.

Same here - until he goes off and assaults someone else in a roller-hockey game.

I can't remember who posted it, but doesn't it suck that they stole all that money, bought all that great stuff for themselves - but wouldn't give Peca a frigging raise? Hey, Rigas - you couldn't spring for a scorer or two to go with Miro? :wallbash:

Same here - until he goes off and assaults someone else in a roller-hockey game.

I can't remember who posted it, but doesn't it suck that they stole all that money, bought all that great stuff for themselves - but wouldn't give Peca a frigging raise? Hey, Rigas - you couldn't spring for a scorer or two to go with Miro? :wallbash:

In my opinion, we should have been multiple SC winners with Hasek if the Rigas' would have got a couple of goal scorers to go with Miro. I hope the Rigas' rot in jail....PHUQ U RIGAS FAMILY!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived