USA vs. Finland (02/22)

PTS

I'm upset minded today... my picks

Switzerland 2, Sweden 1

USA 3, Finland 2

Russia 4, Canada 2

Slovakia 5, Czech Rep 3

Interesting picks...You are definately upset minded.

I think Sweeden will beat the Swiss, and Finland will beat the U.S. I agree with your other two. Should be an interesting day...and I forgot to set my Tivo!

For those of us not near a TV can you give us updates?

Sweden 1, Switzerland 1: It looked like Sweden was going to run away but the Suiss regrouped, tied the game and took the play to Sweden. We're 13 minutes into the first.

For realtime results... click here

Of course if Finland wins there is a really good chance that 2 Sabres bring a medal home. I wouldn't mind seeing Finland get the gold. Can't cheer against the US, but I don't see an upset - unless you are talking about a 2d goal for Teppo - in the cards.

On a side note, as much as Aebischer has played for the Swiss it will be interesting to watch his performance for the Rockies the rest of the year. It should add to the "play/rest" debate we periodically pick up for the Miller snub.

Sweden 1, Switzerland 1: It looked like Sweden was going to run away but the Suiss regrouped, tied the game and took the play to Sweden. We're 13 minutes into the first.

For realtime results... click here

I think the Swedes are running away now--I just heard 5-1 in the second while listening to the USA game on GR.

Tied at 2!

I don't care what anyone thinks. Rick DiPietro is #%^$#!. He's horrible and he's the reason along with the coaching and GM why this team will not win any medal.

3-2 Finland

DiPietro was brilliant fighting off a 5-on-3 Finnish power play, then lets goal #3 slip through his armpit. Very frustrating.

Also, the fact that Team USA couldn't put the puck in the ocean from the deck of the Queen Mary isn't helping.

PTR

Archived