Calling all Sabre fans to action........

ajflutie

Dear Fans,

AJflutie is and always will be my 14 year old son. The avatar is him after scoring the winning goal in a shoot-out in the championship game when he was about 11 or 12 years old. He was so excited he shook for 15 minutes I swear...........but, he left us on January 5th, 2008, a victim of childhood cancer. He was and is a huge Bills & Sabres fan. Below is my post from his CarePage today, its a kind of blog that parents share with other parents about their kids and situations. If you could take 5 minutes of your time to read and help, AJ would be very appreciative, he always said thanks......

(here's the short version - help cure childhood cancer - sign the petition below)

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/CureChildhoodCancer

PS - if you sign, please ID yourself as a Sabres fan.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess I was dreaming. AJs Care Page did not exist. I had never heard of Care Pages or Caring Bridge, they were shut down. The past year did not happen. AJ was at practice or messing around with his buddies. Like usual, he wouldn't answer his cell. Wondering where the hell he was.

But I woke up...damn. And, after much thought, and some positive reinforcement, decided to try to Do Something. Don't know if it's the right or wrong or best thing. God knows I should do this (www.stbaldricks.org), or run (www.relayforlife.org) or help wishes come true (www.wish.org). But I want to try this. I want to try this because I know each of this virtual family who read this will help. These kids NEED each of you to help.

The concept is simple:

1. Create a petition to all the major TV newsmagazines urging them to devote time to childhood cancer
  2. Create, and on the show promote, a book by the parents describing our children, the lessons they taught us and how they impacted those around them
  3. And all book proceeds go to CureSearch, to find a cure

My role is easy, I facilitate. I surround myself with smart people - you. I start this drive to challenge 20/20, Dateline, 60 Minutes and others to produce the show. I collect and FedEx a million signatures to them. Idealist and cynical, mostly, I still believe in people, and I know that WE can get the attention our kids deserve. Once we start I know that WE can create the book. WE can raise funds for a cure, it just might be our dollar that does it.

So, Step One. A petition. Thanks for all the great input.

A goal of 1 million signatures sounds like a lot huh? But there are over 500 visitors to AJ?s site. They each get 20 others, who get 10 others who get 5 others who get 2 others. That?s one million. Or, we could just put it up on the ColemanScott Care Page and wait a week!

Here is what I ask each of you to do:

1. Read the petition. If you agree, sign.
  2. If you agree, update your Care Page or Caring Bridge site (or, if you're "different", blog....Kyle) with the link, AND pass it on to 20 friends and family. Ask them to pass on to 20 others and on and on.
  3. E-mail it around at work; post it on message boards, online forums and news groups. Consider adding a link to your e-mail signature.
  4. If you run/manage a website, we can provide the code for an object, which will give a permanent link to the petition. Leave me a message.
  5. I need volunteers to contact Care Pages, Caring Bridge, Make-A-Wish, St. Baldricks, and others to ask that they link the petition on their sites. Pls leave a private message with your email. I got Cure Search.

4 months? 8333 a day? Unrealistic? What's real? Reach for the stars right?

The second order of business is to create a book. I've dreamed of this, but not this way. This is similar to the cookbooks that patients publish, where friends/other patients send recipes and the funds go to the family. Except ours is stories of how our children changed the world and our funds go to CureSearch.

So, who has experience, knowledge and more importantly, a desire to help with this? Leave a message. I envision 1-2 page stories, they come from the parents of cancer kids, in other words, YOU. Not about the battle vs. cancer, but how our kids impacted the nurses, doctors, teachers, friends, or people they didn't even know. How our kids caused them to make a life decision and just know it was the right thing to do, to better the world somehow. You write em and we just collect and em and publish.

Easy huh? Ok, get to work. You don't know me, but I mean it.

Remember, you get what you give.

AJs Dad

www.carepages.com

AJspace

I signed and passed it along to some family members ... my wife and I are lucky enough to have a happy, healthy one-month old baby boy ... we can only hope and pray he is always healthy, and he will definitely be raised a Bills and Sabres fan like A.J. ... much to his Pittsburgh-raised mother's chagrin ;) ...

Dear Fans,

AJflutie is and always will be my 14 year old son. The avatar is him after scoring the winning goal in a shoot-out in the championship game when he was about 11 or 12 years old. He was so excited he shook for 15 minutes I swear...........but, he left us on January 5th, 2008, a victim of childhood cancer. He was and is a huge Bills & Sabres fan. Below is my post from his CarePage today, its a kind of blog that parents share with other parents about their kids and situations. If you could take 5 minutes of your time to read and help, AJ would be very appreciative, he always said thanks......

(here's the short version - help cure childhood cancer - sign the petition below)

PS - if you sign, please ID yourself as a Sabres fan.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess I was dreaming. AJs Care Page did not exist. I had never heard of Care Pages or Caring Bridge, they were shut down. The past year did not happen. AJ was at practice or messing around with his buddies. Like usual, he wouldn't answer his cell. Wondering where the hell he was.

But I woke up...damn. And, after much thought, and some positive reinforcement, decided to try to Do Something. Don't know if it's the right or wrong or best thing. God knows I should do this (www.stbaldricks.org), or run (www.relayforlife.org) or help wishes come true (www.wish.org). But I want to try this. I want to try this because I know each of this virtual family who read this will help. These kids NEED each of you to help.

The concept is simple:

1. Create a petition to all the major TV newsmagazines urging them to devote time to childhood cancer
  2. Create, and on the show promote, a book by the parents describing our children, the lessons they taught us and how they impacted those around them
  3. And all book proceeds go to CureSearch, to find a cure

My role is easy, I facilitate. I surround myself with smart people - you. I start this drive to challenge 20/20, Dateline, 60 Minutes and others to produce the show. I collect and FedEx a million signatures to them. Idealist and cynical, mostly, I still believe in people, and I know that WE can get the attention our kids deserve. Once we start I know that WE can create the book. WE can raise funds for a cure, it just might be our dollar that does it.

So, Step One. A petition. Thanks for all the great input.

A goal of 1 million signatures sounds like a lot huh? But there are over 500 visitors to AJ?s site. They each get 20 others, who get 10 others who get 5 others who get 2 others. That?s one million. Or, we could just put it up on the ColemanScott Care Page and wait a week!

Here is what I ask each of you to do:

1. Read the petition. If you agree, sign.
  2. If you agree, update your Care Page or Caring Bridge site (or, if you're "different", blog....Kyle) with the link, AND pass it on to 20 friends and family. Ask them to pass on to 20 others and on and on.
  3. E-mail it around at work; post it on message boards, online forums and news groups. Consider adding a link to your e-mail signature.
  4. If you run/manage a website, we can provide the code for an object, which will give a permanent link to the petition. Leave me a message.
  5. I need volunteers to contact Care Pages, Caring Bridge, Make-A-Wish, St. Baldricks, and others to ask that they link the petition on their sites. Pls leave a private message with your email. I got Cure Search.

4 months? 8333 a day? Unrealistic? What's real? Reach for the stars right?

The second order of business is to create a book. I've dreamed of this, but not this way. This is similar to the cookbooks that patients publish, where friends/other patients send recipes and the funds go to the family. Except ours is stories of how our children changed the world and our funds go to CureSearch.

So, who has experience, knowledge and more importantly, a desire to help with this? Leave a message. I envision 1-2 page stories, they come from the parents of cancer kids, in other words, YOU. Not about the battle vs. cancer, but how our kids impacted the nurses, doctors, teachers, friends, or people they didn't even know. How our kids caused them to make a life decision and just know it was the right thing to do, to better the world somehow. You write em and we just collect and em and publish.

Easy huh? Ok, get to work. You don't know me, but I mean it.

Remember, you get what you give.

AJs Dad

www.carepages.com

AJspace

You have my heart felt condolences. I will what I can. I have been lucky to be blessed with four healthy children but I don have family that have to endure what you are going through.

My son's name is AJ as well. He was seriously hurt last November and spent 2-months in a hospital. Nothing we went through, and we went through a lot, approaches this. My next door neighbor of many years lost their eldest to childhood leukemia. He was only five when it was first diagnosed. This campaign certainly honors your AJs memory.

Archived