Rioting Canadiens fans torch police cars

millbank

I would have to say that if the Bills or Sabres ever won a championship there will be some serious car turning in the queen city..So until we win one and dont turn over cars we should look and listen..LOL..However since they didnt ewin one and it was only a playoff series they should stop..

I told my wife years ago, that if one of my teams ever brings home the bacon, I'm going to run out into the driveway and flip over one of the cars. Right there in the lawn.

I told my wife years ago, that if one of my teams ever brings home the bacon, I'm going to run out into the driveway and flip over one of the cars. Right there in the lawn.

As long as it's your own car, cool.

Only an absolute moron would flip over someone else's car to celebrate anything. You'd be a moron to flip your own over too, but at least it only affects you.

Only an absolute moron would flip over someone else's car to celebrate anything. You'd be a moron to flip your own over too, but at least it only affects you.

The really interesting part is that I live in Georgia... "Ya'll, the neighbor done tossed his vee-hi-kal." In all seriousness, I agree. I've no intention of doing anything dumb, but I fully expect the City of Buffalo to melt when it finally happens.

Like in Boston where if you're parked in Kenmore Square with NY plates on your car after one of their wins, your car will be flipped. It doesn't matter if you've got Red Sox stuff all over the car, they'll flip it anyway. NY plates so you must be a Yankees fan. I hate this city.

What pisses me off about MTL is how they pronounce Derek Roy's last name... He prounounces it the Anglo way as we all know... WTF? Why do the pronounce it the French way at the Forum? Is it against the law or something?

What a bunch of tools... I always had respect for the Habs, that is going down the tubes quickly... They won a Cup in every decade and they need to riot?... It is just in the blood, IMO...

<_< <_<

I think we should be careful about labeling these people anything. I shudder to think what will happen to the city of Buffalo when we eventually win the cup. I know that I will personally be responsible for the flipping of at least one car. I don't do fires, though.

We have never won anything! Heck, even the Chicago Bulls never won anything at first, so they went nuts... They've won a Cup in every decade in MTL...

Go figure... What a bunch of Maroons! Wait, wasn't that one of their names?

<_< <_<

Don't get me wrong...I dislike all Philly sports teams, but I would like nothing better than to have Philly go in with two local Quebec boys(Briere & Biron) and beat the Canadiens in 4 games.

My dislike for Canadiens fans is at an all-time high. Rioting is never to be advocated, but after a 1st round playoff win?? LOSERS! <_<

Don't get me wrong...I dislike all Philly sports teams, but I would like nothing better than to have Philly go in with two local Quebec boys(Briere & Biron) and beat the Canadiens in 4 games.

My dislike for Canadiens fans is at an all-time high. Rioting is never to be advocated, but after a 1st round playoff win?? LOSERS! <_<

I would wager to guess that the rioting had little to do with hockey fans.

It was a moment of opportunity.

But as far as riots go:

Injuries: None

Arrested: 16

Police cars set on fire: 5

Business windows smashed: 10

I think we should be careful about labeling these people anything. I shudder to think what will happen to the city of Buffalo when we eventually win the cup. I know that I will personally be responsible for the flipping of at least one car. I don't do fires, though.

You are a chode. I don't care if it's your own car. You are a complete dumbass if you flip a car.

Well played.

Wait, I am not so sure I played that well... After digging on Wiki:

While the Montreal Canadiens drew primarily francophone fans, the Maroons largely drew fans from the anglophone neighbourhoods of Montreal.

Of course the anglophone fans would have NEVER rioted... Isn't tipping thiings over a French thing?

;) ;)

Of course people I AM ONLY JOKING!

what Buffalo lacks is an aggressive gene. If we had it, there would have been riots at the '99 Stanley Cup. there's a trickle down effect too where the passivity I think causes much of Buffalo's problems, the city and the team...it gets so that besides complaining, you just accept the moldy sandwich at the restaurant, you eat it and you like it. At least there's passion with the Habs fans . there's a sense of that if things don't go right, then there's hell to pay. it's intimidating and it leads to winning. there's anger, not this constant depression.

Just like the office worker who is low man on the totem pole, I'm just sick of how Buffalo always takes ****, always loses at the end and the fans are always "classy." I'm sick of being the gracious loser.

Buffalo, get mad as hell and don't take it anymore!!! Demand the good things that are due!

what Buffalo lacks is an aggressive gene. If we had it, there would have been riots at the '99 Stanley Cup. there's a trickle down effect too where the passivity I think causes much of Buffalo's problems, the city and the team...it gets so that besides complaining, you just accept the moldy sandwich at the restaurant, you eat it and you like it. At least there's passion with the Habs fans . there's a sense of that if things don't go right, then there's hell to pay. it's intimidating and it leads to winning. there's anger, not this constant depression.

Just like the office worker who is low man on the totem pole, I'm just sick of how Buffalo always takes ****, always loses at the end and the fans are always "classy." I'm sick of being the gracious loser.

Buffalo, get mad as hell and don't take it anymore!!! Demand the good things that are due!

I guess it is pretty clear that we need more riots. :blink:

I guess it is pretty clear that we need more riots. :blink:

True story: A group of us were milling out of the arena following game 6 of the 1999 SCF, like a funeral procession it was, and a buddy of mine, who's a legitimate cut-up, tried to raise the group's spirits by alternately asking the law enforcement officers we encountered (in the voice of a guy who's earnest, kind, but not "all there") if (1) they knew what the score of the Bisons' game had been that evening and (2) where people were congregating "for the riots."

I'm with ya. What bothers me the most is that no matter what happens, one of the teams that the trash of the league (Montreal and Philly fans) cheer for is going to the ECF. And it's possible they will be playing the Rangers. God, I hate the east!

BFLO has alwys been a "worker town." Notice how historically nothing is based or HQ'd there?

He wants to dream like a young man

With the wisdom of an old man.

He wants his home and security,

He wants to live like a sailor at sea.

Beautiful loser, where you gonna fall?

When you realize you just can't have it all.

He's your oldest and your best friend,

If you need him, he'll be there again.

He's always willing to be second best,

A perfect lodger, a perfect guest.

Beautiful loser, read it on the wall

And realize, you just don't need it all.

Hey, you just don't need it all,

You don't need it all,

You don't need it all.

You can try, but you can't have it all.

Oh, oh.

He'll never make any enemies,

He won't complain if he's caught on his knees.

He'll always ask, he'll always say please.

Beautiful loser, never take it all

'cause it's easier, faster when you fall,

You just don't need it all

Oh, oh, ... you just don't need it all.

Archived