Stanley Cup Playoffs Game Discussion Thread

Bmwolf21

First round is drawing to a close, with Colorado, New York and Pittsburgh already earning spots in the second round, and Sunday three teams - Dallas, Detroit and San Jose could join them.

Sunday's Games:

Detroit at Nashville, Game 6 (Detroit leads 3-2) 3 p.m. ET, NBC - Preview

NOTE: Sunday's NBC coverage will be preempted in the NYC area by coverage of the Pope's Yankee Stadium Mass. LINK for info on alternate feed.

San Jose at Calgary, Game 6 (San Jose leads 3-2) 8 p.m., Versus - Preview

Anaheim at Dallas, Game 6 (Dallas leads 3-2) 9 p.m. ET - Preview

NHL Scoreboard

Really don't care about the earlier series. Don't like either the Ducks or the Stars. My only wish for the day is for Calgary to fight another day. The bright side if they lost though is that the Avs in all likelihood will be playing the Red Wings in the next round. That would be fun to watch.

Wow, a short-handed goal from behind the red line by Lidstrom. Took a bad hop. Detroit up 1-0, but Preds have a 5-on-3.

Man, I thought our PP looked bad.

Yeah, that was pretty awful.

Wings are just owning the Preds in the 2nd, I don't believe they've had a single chance except for that breakaway where he mishandled the puck.

Wow, a short-handed goal from behind the red line by Lidstrom. Took a bad hop. Detroit up 1-0, but Preds have a 5-on-3.

Man, I thought our PP looked bad.

Classic "what can you do" goal there. Hopefully it doesn't get into Ellis' head, but the way he played afterwards it looked like it didn't faze him much.

Glad to see Nashville hitting the golf course.

Classic "what can you do" goal there. Hopefully it doesn't get into Ellis' head, but the way he played afterwards it looked like it didn't faze him much.

Glad to see Nashville hitting the golf course.

i have a new-found respect for predator fans today - i thought that was pretty classy that they stayed to the end of the game and that they gave their team a standing ovation even after losing the series. usually you only see that out of the true hockey cities, whereas in cities like Nash i would have expected them to be warming up the car mid way through the 3rd...

ok, i give up with this f'ing Center Ice again....I am not getting the Flames game right now even though i've had this package all year.....is everyone else getting this game that has Center Ice?

i have a new-found respect for predator fans today - i thought that was pretty classy that they stayed to the end of the game and that they gave their team a standing ovation even after losing the series. usually you only see that out of the true hockey cities, whereas in cities like Nash i would have expected them to be warming up the car mid way through the 3rd...

ok, i give up with this f'ing Center Ice again....I am not getting the Flames game right now even though i've had this package all year.....is everyone else getting this game that has Center Ice?

I have no problem with the fans, and until the last couple years, I had no problem with the Preds. But watching them cheapshot, sucker punch and generally act like a bunch of thugs, goons and punks for the last couple seasons, I am ecstatic that they are not moving on in the playoffs.

As for the Center Ice question - I have the CI subscription through DirecTV and am getting SJ-Calgary on 770.

I'm getting boned tonight as well. Thanks!

and another thing, why isnt the NHLTV channel (whatever that is) included into the Center Ice package? You would think the NHL would want to make it available to all.

no idea here as to why CI isn't showing the sharks/flames game. i'm effin' pissed, too. this makes no sense.

anyone know where we can complain to the powers that be? this is unacceptable.

no idea here as to why CI isn't showing the sharks/flames game. i'm effin' pissed, too. this makes no sense.

anyone know where we can complain to the powers that be? this is unacceptable.

Do you have Comcast? I am tired of them, I blew my wad on the Sabre games that were blacked out this year

holy crap, millsie, you are the man! thank you!

yes, wee, i am on comcast. i wish they would get their schtuff figured out with the nhl network so we can see the leafs/sabres games next season.

3-1 Stars, 2:18 to go...Anaheim, that noise you hear is the fat lady warming up...

EDIT: Any thought Anaheim had of repeating as Cup champs is now over, as Modano seals the deal with an ENG with ~:03 remaining.

Stu Barnes with the game/series winning goal for the Stars. Stuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!! I hate the Ducks, so I'm happy to see the Stars move on. Also, as an American, I'm a fan of Modano's, so it was nice to see him get the empty netter at the end.

On to tomorrow with Montreal-Boston. I'm impressed Boston has taken this to 7 games. Ultimately, I'm predicting that Kovalev and Plekanec take over tomorrow night and the Habs power play heats up and Price makes some great saves for Montreal to advance.

Archived