Stanley Cup Playoffs Game Discussion Thread

Bmwolf21

Pretty full slate of games tonight:

Boston at Montreal, Game 5 (Montreal leads series 3-1) 7 p.m. ET - Preview

Philadelphia at Washington, Game 4 (Philly leads series 2-1) 7 p.m. ET, Versus - Preview

Anaheim at Dallas, Game 4 (Dallas leads series 2-1) 8 p.m. ET - Preview

Colorado at Minnesota, Game 5 (Series tied 2-2) 9 p.m. ET - Preview

Calgary at San Jose, Game 5 (Series tied 2-2) 10 p.m. ET, Versus - Preview

NHL Scoreboard

Pretty full slate of games tonight:

Boston at Montreal, Game 5 (Montreal leads series 3-1) 7 p.m. ET - Preview

Philadelphia at Washington, Game 4 (Philly leads series 2-1) 7 p.m. ET, Versus - Preview

Anaheim at Dallas, Game 4 (Dallas leads series 2-1) 8 p.m. ET - Preview

Colorado at Minnesota, Game 5 (Series tied 2-2) 9 p.m. ET - Preview

Calgary at San Jose, Game 5 (Series tied 2-2) 10 p.m. ET, Versus - Preview

NHL Scoreboard

finally Versus is showing the two I want to watch.

finally Versus is showing the two I want to watch.

What's been with Versus occasionally picking up the CBC feed? It's happened a few times over the last few nights - is Versus having regular technical difficulties or is it a DirecTV thing? Anyone else notice this?

I love watching the CBC broadcasts because they are very intense and love descriptions and focus on different players which is

severely lacking in US broadcasts. Also quite is amusing is how they pronounce Langkow LANGKOH- like RJ when he says SPAHCHUK! lol

What's been with Versus occasionally picking up the CBC feed? It's happened a few times over the last few nights - is Versus having regular technical difficulties or is it a DirecTV thing? Anyone else notice this?

They've done that since they picked up the NHL a few years ago. They'll just tap into CBC's broadcast for the playoffs - primarily just the late-night Western Conference games.

If they were smart, they'd do it for EVERY game they broadcast. HNIC knows how to do a national game the right way IMHO.

They've done that since they picked up the NHL a few years ago. They'll just tap into CBC's broadcast for the playoffs - primarily just the late-night Western Conference games.

They may have done this in the past (I honestly don't remember them doing this last year) but this doesn't feel like a planned thing. On a handful of instances this year there have been issues with the Versus feed - audio and/or video freezing, dropping out, whatever - which leads to a switch, mid-period, over to the CBC feed and then back to Versus.

If they were smart, they'd do it for EVERY game they broadcast. HNIC knows how to do a national game the right way IMHO.

No argument here. Versus should throw a ton of money at producers of top-notch local feeds to come in as consultants and straighten out the crap Versus calls a broadcast.

Washington comes BACK!! 1-1... and loving it :P

With Briere in the box for the double minor (one offsetting): holding the stick and ... uh ... roughing? :blink:

Washington killed off tons of penalties including two short 5-on-3's.

With Briere in the box for the double minor (one offsetting): holding the stick and ... uh ... roughing? :blink:

Washington killed off tons of penalties including two short 5-on-3's.

OK, so MAYBE he's going a bit nuts with the penalties... but he scores timely goals too, so whatevah :P

OK, so MAYBE he's going a bit nuts with the penalties... but he scores timely goals too, so whatevah :P

Now he's in the box for a long 5-on-3.

Hey, if you're going to have a guy in the box, it's good to have one that doesn't play on the PK.

def not fair for washington there. Guys get high stick bleeding, and they only call the roughing against wash. Should have been a 4 min high stick. They didn't score on the PP but the goal scoring fore check was started during it. Grrr.... <_<

Me too, but I just don't want the series to be a blow out, so if Washington was up 2 games to one I'd be for the flyers. And that Mike Green is great. He impresses me more every game.

Kids are on the big screen playing Call of Duty so the only night I am ready to watch I cant..LOL..

Archived