NHL Center Ice

mrjsbu96

Hello all,

I have Center Ice through our local cable out here in NJ - Cablevision - and so far I don't think I have seen once game covered on my NHL Center Ice package. Is anyone else noticing the same thing? Are the feeds controlled through the local cable affiliate or through the NHL?

I understand Versus will have solo coverage during the last round or two, but with multiple games the first two rounds this is the best part of NHL Center Ice...

Hello all,

I have Center Ice through our local cable out here in NJ - Cablevision - and so far I don't think I have seen once game covered on my NHL Center Ice package. Is anyone else noticing the same thing? Are the feeds controlled through the local cable affiliate or through the NHL?

I understand Versus will have solo coverage during the last round or two, but with multiple games the first two rounds this is the best part of NHL Center Ice...

Not sure what you mean? I was able to watch every game last night. DirecTV just picks up local coverage. Last night you could watch Bruins-Habs on HNIC or NESN.

i was able to watch habs/bruins on HNIC and NESN; Flames on HNIC.

part of center ice? they do promotional free weeks about this time to get playoff subscribers. I wouldnt want anyone to get too excited when they pull the plug next week. The free baseball package just ended.

almost all playoff games are on versus or NBC during the playoffs anyway, center ice is not really necessary.

I disagree. You need Center Ice for the 1st 2 rounds. You could not have watched last nights games without Center Ice. VS had 1 game and NBC did not televise any games yesterday.

I disagree. You need Center Ice for the 1st 2 rounds. You could not have watched last nights games without Center Ice. VS had 1 game and NBC did not televise any games yesterday.

sorry, with no Sabres I dont have a tremendous interest especially the first couple games of the series, but when the Sabres were in the playoffs the larger markets trumped the Sabre games usually. Millbank will post a link for anything not on TV. :blush:

I had Wings/Preds on VS and Flames/Sharks; BOS/MTL on Center Ice. I live in Vegas so I got the Ducks/Stars game on FoxSportsWest local channel. It works for me.

The first 2 rounds, you still need Center Ice to view some of the games. After that, they are on VS or NBC.

I know for sure that Center Ice covers the first two rounds of the playoffs. However, last year I had CI on cable and DirecTV and noticed subtle difference in that my cable provider cutoff the Lexus Shootout after the game whereas DirecTV let's you watch til the end of the Shootout. So, I have a feeling that the providers have some control over it. But, if you paid for CI you should be getting the games. Good luck, I know my cable provider (Cox) was a pain in the ass to deal with...some of their people on the phone first didn't know what it was (oh, hockey?...is that a sport package?) to waiting for half on hour on hold so they could find out how long the package went to.

I know for sure that Center Ice covers the first two rounds of the playoffs. However, last year I had CI on cable and DirecTV and noticed subtle difference in that my cable provider cutoff the Lexus Shootout after the game whereas DirecTV let's you watch til the end of the Shootout. So, I have a feeling that the providers have some control over it. But, if you paid for CI you should be getting the games. Good luck, I know my cable provider (Cox) was a pain in the ass to deal with...some of their people on the phone first didn't know what it was (oh, hockey?...is that a sport package?) to waiting for half on hour on hold so they could find out how long the package went to.

DirecTV only lets you watch to the end of the Shootout if you have purchased the Regional Sports Package. I didn't and have seen one Shootout in its entirety this year - the home finale. For every other game it usually cuts off right after the first commercial break after the final horn.

I got all the games yesterday as well...call your cable provider, perhaps they yanked your package...

i hate cable - worst day when I had to switch from DireTV to cable. I definitely am missing out on games so far this playoff season from the sounds of what you guys are saying.

man, i hope that didn't happen or i'll just have to go back to yanking it myself.

Archived