Sharks - Flames game link

millbank

Ah, there's the Campbell we knew and loved!

(Iginla beat him one-on-one, leading to a goal.)

Edit: Ew, these playoffs may get ugly for Brian. He just had a terrible give-away behind his own net. Looked good on their powerplay, though.

(Iginla beat him one-on-one, leading to a goal.)

Edit: Ew, these playoffs may get ugly for Brian. He just had a terrible give-away behind his own net. Looked good on their powerplay, though.

A bad game for Soupy. He should have tackled Iginla.

Kiprursoff was amazing last night. The guy will come out 20+ feet with everyone in the zone.

Also love watching Phaneuf and Regheir. This is going to be a good series.

A bad game for Soupy. He should have tackled Iginla.

Kiprursoff was amazing last night. The guy will come out 20+ feet with everyone in the zone.

Also love watching Phaneuf and Regheir. This is going to be a good series.

I picked calgary to win this one so I'm pretty pleased besides I do like Calgary style of play and I remember the rumormill several years back when supposedly the sabres were talking to calgary about Iginla trade and I had all my body parts crossed at the hope of that prospect.... however Probably would have let him walk in free agency by now so what am I thinking

It's funny you mention that. I watched the first half of the first period and I only saw him on the ice twice, and once was during a PP.

Edit: I checked the stats and he led the Sharks in ice time with over 27 minutes. I guess he played more toward the end of the game, because early on all I saw was Rivet and McLaren (sp?).

It's funny you mention that. I watched the first half of the first period and I only saw him on the ice twice, and once was during a PP.

Edit: I checked the stats and he led the Sharks in ice time with over 27 minutes. I guess he played more toward the end of the game, because early on all I saw was Rivet and McLaren (sp?).

He played a lot at the end of the game when they were down 3-1 and needed an offensive spark to get back in it. He did help there, as you would expect. He actually assisted (2nd assist) on the goal that made it 3-2. However, before the push with a big green light to pinch into the offensive zone, he did not look great. The announcers spent some time talking about his performance.

The announcers spent some time talking about his performance.

So he's not the best defenseman in the league? :rolleyes:

After watching Phaneuf last night I was laughing at the prospect of Brian even being mentioned in the same breathe.

So he's not the best defenseman in the league? :rolleyes:

After watching Phaneuf last night I was laughing at the prospect of Brian even being mentioned in the same breathe.

As sad as it is its too bad he was our best defensman...No wonder we suck...

Is Matt Carle our Nathan Paetsch? The Sharks signed Carle to a nice extension earlier this year, and he is frequently a healthy scratch. He was frequently a healthy scratch before Campbell got there. I really don't understand Matt Carle and why the Sharks gave him a $3.438 million/per year extension for 4 years. That's what we're paying Hecht and he's a veteran while this guy is a kid? Is he just a more overpaid Paetsch? I really don't get why he keeps getting scratched but is considered a legit second tier player in terms of salary.

Paetsch=scrubby low round draft pick maxed out on potential

Carle=high 1st round pick just showing the tip of the iceberg

I think Carle may turn out to be a bust. I also would not be surprised if the Sharks try to get rid of him via trade sometime soon to get some forwards. I think he's overrated. He's better than Paetsch, but the blue line in San Jose really isn't so great that he would be a healthy scratch frequently. But, I don't know. Maybe you're right. I've never been all that impressed with him, myself, but that's my take.

By the way, Carle was a second round pick by the Sharks. Apparently, so was Paetsch. A second round pick by the Capitals. Either way, just my opinion, but I think Carle really isn't much more than an overpaid Paetsch who is slightly better.

I think Carle may turn out to be a bust. I also would not be surprised if the Sharks try to get rid of him via trade sometime soon to get some forwards. I think he's overrated. He's better than Paetsch, but the blue line in San Jose really isn't so great that he would be a healthy scratch frequently. But, I don't know. Maybe you're right. I've never been all that impressed with him, myself, but that's my take.

By the way, Carle was a second round pick by the Sharks. Regardless, much higher rated than Paetsch. Good season last year, but not as good this year.

I think it's way to early to throw out the word bust. It's probably more like the dreaded sophomore slump. He's still only 23, this is his 2nd full season in the pros, and he had a helluva good season last year - 11-31-42, +6, 8PPG 18 PPA. He's obviously got some skills, so he probably has to refocus himself, figure out what he needs to improve on to get back to where he was a year ago, and work hard to turn it around.

Well he wasn't the toughest and didn't have a the best shot but he was our let's play

piggy back on Jerome Iginla as he carries the puck right to the net guy, but not anymore....

Whats sadder is we are hoping Sekera can be our next CAmpbell..Why the hell if Campbell sucks so bad would we want Annnnnyyyyyyyyoooonnnnnnnnee like Campbell on our team,.....trade him now....

Whats sadder is we are hoping Sekera can be our next CAmpbell..Why the hell if Campbell sucks so bad would we want Annnnnyyyyyyyyoooonnnnnnnnee like Campbell on our team,.....trade him now....

We want him to do what Campbell did well: moving the puck up the ice, shooting from the point and quarterbacking the PP. We also want him to be better at what Campbell did not do well: defense. Besides, if Sekera can do what Campbell did for a significantly lower salary than what Campbell wanted, then even if he plays the same as Campbell, we are better off. Most people here would have kept Campbell for, say, $4 million per year, but that's not what he wanted, nor what he will likely get next year.

Aside from Campbell discussion, Nabokov just stole the game last night. The saves on Sarich and especially on Owen Nolan was just absolutely sickening. The Nolan was ridiculous. It may have been a case of Kotalik shooting the puck into Brodeur's glove earlier this year, but I don't know. It looked like Nolan was shooting at an open net and all of a sudden Nabokov sticks his glove out and gets the save. Whatever the case, amazing save.

Archived