Too good to be true?

awill29

I watched the re-run of the game today on MSG mainly to see Teppo again. This guy played rock-solid. No glaring turnovers, always in position, and a couple of blocked shots. If the Sabres re-sign him, it'd fill their void for a veteran defensemen, a top-4 defensemen and maybe even a shut-down defensemen. The only thing I don't see him fixing is thier PP woes, but they could always bring in a guy from FA for that. But if Teppo re-signs with the team, don't you think he'd cure alot of their problems on D?

I watched the re-run of the game today on MSG mainly to see Teppo again. This guy played rock-solid. No glaring turnovers, always in position, and a couple of blocked shots. If the Sabres re-sign him, it'd fill their void for a veteran defensemen, a top-4 defensemen and maybe even a shut-down defensemen. The only thing I don't see him fixing is their PP woes, but they could always bring in a guy from FA for that. But if Teppo re-signs with the team, don't you think he'd cure alot of their problems on D?

I agree with you. I think from a leadership standpoint, he was missed. Pratt played pretty mistake free for most of the year, but he doesn't add too much to transition and offense. Teppo, on the other hand, plays pretty mistake-free and can add to the game in more than just base d.

I still think they need a bad a$$ on D. Some one that plays the fundamental game, but will clear the crease, beat someone that runs Miller, and put a hurt on a player at the boards. But I think Teppo needs to be on the roster next year.

Archived