13-March-08 Their hearts just aren't in it anymore

Doohickie

I should spend the bucks for the center ice package just to watch Campbell. I know they are winning, but I'd love to see if his level of play has picked up since the trade.

I have it and I have watched it and he is playing with a lot more poise than he was here..He looks to be playing for a big payday..I heard that he is expecting in the 7 to 7.5 mill range...LOL..Mcghuiree said the Sabres could have had him for 5 yrs 25 mill on Gr today..

I have it and I have watched it and he is playing with a lot more poise than he was here..He looks to be playing for a big payday..I heard that he is expecting in the 7 to 7.5 mill range...LOL..Mcghuiree said the Sabres could have had him for 5 yrs 25 mill on Gr today..

I feel bad knowing that a little more consistency and physical play in his own end would have changed my opinion completely on Campbell.

If he was ever going to be at the top of his game, now through the playoffs is the time to do it. The question is...will he revert to his old ways once the contract is in place?

I feel bad knowing that a little more consistency and physical play in his own end would have changed my opinion completely on Campbell.

If he was ever going to be at the top of his game, now through the playoffs is the time to do it. The question is...will he revert to his old ways once the contract is in place?

This post needs a whole lot more time to put down however my wife is in my ear as I have to go to a Parent Teacher Conf..So here is the shortened version

I believe that the way that the players perceive our front office has affected the way they will play for the team. I also believe that the players do feel a sense of ownership with the fans and they genuinely feel bad over what has happened..With that said I think that our front office has a very bad rap that wont be easliy overcome...

If we're talking wars, sure. Otherwise, meh. I think it's awfully hard to expect someone to wait by the phone/fax until you get around to sending them the paperwork to sign, or to wait for the team to realize that even though they really wanted the other guy, they might lose him and then try to sign you, AND THEN leave a ton of $$$ on the table.

Come on... Ya, like Buftex said... There is no talking to me about it...

When did "hurt feelings" ever get into it?

Their hearts were not in it just as management's wasn't... And if I was management, I wouldn't have whored myself to those guys...

I must have thicker skin because if I really wanted to play for the Sabres... I would have waited by the phone... Nothing wrong with that.

Us fans will never know what really happened... And I am a "labor guy"... Go figure...

Come on... Ya, like Buftex said... There is no talking to me about it...

When did "hurt feelings" ever get into it?

Their hearts were not in it just as management's wasn't... And if I was management, I wouldn't have whored myself to those guys...

I must have thicker skin because if I really wanted to play for the Sabres... I would have waited by the phone... Nothing wrong with that.

Us fans will never know what really happened... And I am a "labor guy"... Go figure...

It is going to be interesting to see what happens with Miller this off-season. Everyone keeps assuming that the Sabres "gotta re-sign Miller" like it is a forgone conclusion...given the way he has struggled at times this season, I wouldn't be surprised if they decide he isn't the kind of guy they want to give big money to either...might as well make it a clean sweep...whether there is no place for feelings or ego in sports, Sabres managment has got to be embarassed by how poorly all of their "shrewd" moves have panned out. God love Buffalo sports fans, especially those who still reside in the area (I am not one of them). They are great fans, and deserve a lot more than they are getting from the Sabres managment right now. Barring some major shift in managment style, or some major acquisition of talent in the off-season, I am not sure that HSBC being a full house next season is a given.....

It is going to be interesting to see what happens with Miller this off-season. Everyone keeps assuming that the Sabres "gotta re-sign Miller" like it is a forgone conclusion...given the way he has struggled at times this season, I wouldn't be surprised if they decide he isn't the kind of guy they want to give big money to either...might as well make it a clean sweep...whether there is no place for feelings or ego in sports, Sabres managment has got to be embarassed by how poorly all of their "shrewd" moves have panned out. God love Buffalo sports fans, especially those who still reside in the area (I am not one of them). They are great fans, and deserve a lot more than they are getting from the Sabres managment right now. Barring some major shift in managment style, or some major acquisition of talent in the off-season, I am not sure that HSBC being a full house next season is a given.....

I find it hard to believe that with the way Miller has played this season which has been very inconsistent, that he deserves a big payday this offseason..I wouldnt be surprised if they gave him one but I would not be shocked if they dealt him either..This team is seriously troubled on paper and in the lockeroom and sometimes a complete overhaul is best..

I feel like I'm piling on but I just need to vent after last nights debacle. It's first time in a long time that I saw this team mail it in. After the cheap shot by Laroque, I thought the team would be fired up and come out skating on the power play. Boy was I wrong. That has to be one of the most patheteic 5 minute power plays I ever witnessed. The guys last night played with no passion and were floating around like the ice capades were in town.

While some people see sunshine and rainbows in our future, I see a team with a broken d corps, inconsistent scoring, and long term commitment to Vanek who likes to dissapear for long stretches of games. Weber and Sekera could be years away. We let a major part of our nucleus go and replaced them with Pratt, Bernier and T-bo :wallbash:

On the bright side it looks like we finally solved Ty Conklin :blink:

I find it hard to believe that with the way Miller has played this season which has been very inconsistent, that he deserves a big payday this offseason..I wouldnt be surprised if they gave him one but I would not be shocked if they dealt him either..This team is seriously troubled on paper and in the lockeroom and sometimes a complete overhaul is best..

I find it hard to believe that Miller having an inconsistent season in a season where EVERYONE in B&G was inconsistent somehow wipes out all the good things he's done over the last three years. First Sabres goalie since Dom in 96-97 through 98-99 to post three straight 30+ win seasons; owns the franchise record for wins in a season; two straight ECF appearances; good (and improving) numbers for a goalie in an offensive, attacking system with a porous defense in front of him...

Does he deserve a $8M/year deal? Hell no. If could you go back and read my previous posts (ooops, never mind) you would see that I see him (ideally) as around a $4-6M guy, with escalating contract numbers. But the market is what it is, and he's gonna get paid - whether by Buffalo or someone else.

If they move Miller they better have a hell of a backup plan - something other than "Enroth is the answer" because I don't think there is anyone who wants to turn the reins of the franchise over to a 20-year-old kid with no NA pro hockey experience. Of course, the way the FO is going, they'll do just that and tell us that it's the system, it's not about the individual player.

Archived