Boston helps us out

ofiba

its all good with the devils and pens. they're not in our division... as long as the sabres take care of business in their own division, everything else will fall into line.

Plus we play them both (Pens and Devils) so all we need to do is beat both of them and the 1st seed should be ours.

Plus they (Pens and Devils) can kill one another trying to win the division, and may wear themselves out (or pick up some injuries) in the process....

And just how do you avoid injuries? By slacking? Doesn't seem to have worked for us too well.

And just how do you avoid injuries? By slacking? Doesn't seem to have worked for us too well.

Actually, since they've REALLY been in their lazy "slump", they haven't picked up any injuries besides Lydman. It was earlier in the year when they were losing guys left and right. But I guess they've been slacking the whole season right?

Actually, since they've REALLY been in their lazy "slump", they haven't picked up any injuries besides Lydman. It was earlier in the year when they were losing guys left and right. But I guess they've been slacking the whole season right?

Exactly what I was gonna say.

IMO... There is a correlation between going "gonzo" and getting hurt and the style they play...

You are correct, sir. There have been very few games where this team has really shown how good it can be. I have to believe that in Games 1 and 2 of the first round, we are finally going to see their best. That is when I am going to get excited.

You are correct, sir. There have been very few games where this team has really shown how good it can be. I have to believe that in Games 1 and 2 of the first round, we are finally going to see their best. That is when I am going to get excited.

48 wins and 282 goals-for, yet the team has only played a "few" games where it's shown how good it is. That would make the Sabres one of the greatest teams in the history of sports, if only they weren't so lazy. :doh:

Check out the CAL v. MINN game... 0-0 after 3!

Now that is some great hockey... Sure to pull in the fans! <_< <_<

Long live the trap!... :bag:

OT was really exciting... two decent offensive teams, regardless of what you think of their defensive schemes... it was a fun game from the bit that i saw.

PA, that sounded like optimism - granted, it was in a weird, backhanded compliment sort of way - but it sounded optimistic nonetheless. Are you feeling OK? :nana:

48 wins and 282 goals-for, yet the team has only played a "few" games where it's shown how good it is. That would make the Sabres one of the greatest teams in the history of sports, if only they weren't so lazy. :doh:

Vanek is the laziest 40 goal scorer in NHL history. 37 goals and a +41? What a slacker :nana:

PA, that sounded like optimism - granted, it was in a weird, backhanded compliment sort of way - but it sounded optimistic nonetheless. Are you feeling OK? :nana:

I'm very optimistic. That's why I've put this team under the microscope more so than any Sabres team I can remember over the years. Get it?

It's like when your kid comes home with a B and you know he could have gotten an A. You berate him.

By God, you've got it!

I don't know about one of the greatest teams ever in any sport, but if they had sharpened their game after the hot start instead of slacking off, they wouldn't be sweating the Presidents' Trophy, the conference or the division right now.

Those 48 wins and 282 goals don't mean much at the moment. I'd love to see the goals against number be a little lower, though.

Vanek is the laziest 40 goal scorer in NHL history. 37 goals and a +41? What a slacker :nana:

He truly is. I mean, how else can you explain the +41, he refuses to go on the ice against the other teams scoring lines so he can insure his numbers go up, or at least don't go down. Watch him at the bench next game, Lindy will point to him and tell him to get his arse on the ice, and he just shakes his head, "no, don't think i should right now coach".

Guest Sloth

Sabres now have a 2 game advantage over Ottawa. If the Sabres win tonight, they will most likely win the Eastern Conference. If they lose tonight, NJ will be right on the Sabres heels. Tonight's game is a 4 point swinger. If the Sabres want to show their desire to win, their playoff style of hockey, they have to show it tonight!

Thank goodness Boston won last night! That helped the Sabres tremendously!

Archived