Miller is NOT happy

ofiba

I love ya Ryan, but you gotta stop letting in 1 or 2 clunkers per game recently. Get mad, get even, whatever, just play like a man possesed come playoff time!!

ps - great save on Sundin in the dying seconds of the 5-4 winner Friday night!!

LETS GO BUFFALO!!

If the Sabres are not playing to the level that they are capable of, someone on this team needs to call the others out that are not playing 60 full minutes of hockey. Obviously Ryan is stepping out and trying to light a fire under this team before the playoffs start. Kudos to Ryan for his courage and leadership. :thumbsup:

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?service=page&page=FrozenMoment

Miller prolly saw what the NHL's frozen moment captured... the five hole on Raycroft is bigger than the atlantic ocean!!!

Come on Danny all that was needed was a nice lil back hand along the ice and who knows what could have happpened after that goal!!!! ohh well.

I agree w/ earlier posts... play-off time comes and this team should come around.

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?service=page&page=FrozenMoment

I agree w/ earlier posts... play-off time comes and this team should come around.

I'm shocked by how easy you all seem to think it is, this league is one of the most competitive in the world. Why do people think they can just flip a switch and then suddenly beat everyone 6-1, 7-2 again?

Anyone can beat anyone on any given night, and the line between success and utter fiasco is hair-thin. The Sabres were a great team in October, a lucky team in November, December and January, and now they're a lazy undisciplined team. Yes they've got injuries, but they were lazy even before that, and having injuries is no excuse for not working hard.

Everybody goes through slumps sure, but this is a slump that I bet 90% of all fans saw coming once the effort started to drop about 4 months ago now, and it's only gone downwards ever since.

Sorry, but I think this team is in bigger trouble than most people, indluding themselves, think.

So we're first in the conference. I certainly appreciate that and I've enjoyed the ride. Some stretches more than others for sure, but 1st or 8th doesn't mean jack squat in a 7 game series. Whoever wins 4 first wins the series, nobody cares if you cruised in at 1st or squeeked in at 8th on the last day of the regular season.

And with the current effort, our team isn't beating anyone in a 7 game series, home ice or no home ice.

Miller has every right to be pissed. He's trying to do his part to keep this team in games, but the guy is facing 40+ shots a night. What can he do? The Sabres need to start shooting more and the puck needs to be in the offensive zone a whole lot more. This team is not giving the effort they are capable of, and he's looking bad because of it. This team is much better than the way they are playing, and I hope his message is received by the rest of the team for the rest of the regular season.

Guest Sloth

It's about time a top player has had said something publicy. At the beginning of the year the Sabres were show the fire and 110% effort they had during the playoffs. Buffalo was keeping the puck in the other teams end, but now, due to lack of effort, they are not doing that. The Sabres are giving up WAY to many shots and their also not getting enough shots off. The way they've played the last 3 1/2 months has ticked me off. Honestly, if the Sabres continue this lack luster performance, they will be knocked out in the first round. If they some how sneak in to the second round, they will be knocked about by Ottawa. Remember that is IF they continue to play this lack luster style of play. I think Ryan's words will get the Sabres fired up. The game against NJ will say it all.

I'm shocked by how easy you all seem to think it is, this league is one of the most competitive in the world. Why do people think they can just flip a switch and then suddenly beat everyone 6-1, 7-2 again?

Anyone can beat anyone on any given night, and the line between success and utter fiasco is hair-thin. The Sabres were a great team in October, a lucky team in November, December and January, and now they're a lazy undisciplined team. Yes they've got injuries, but they were lazy even before that, and having injuries is no excuse for not working hard.

Everybody goes through slumps sure, but this is a slump that I bet 90% of all fans saw coming once the effort started to drop about 4 months ago now, and it's only gone downwards ever since.

Sorry, but I think this team is in bigger trouble than most people, indluding themselves, think.

So we're first in the conference. I certainly appreciate that and I've enjoyed the ride. Some stretches more than others for sure, but 1st or 8th doesn't mean jack squat in a 7 game series. Whoever wins 4 first wins the series, nobody cares if you cruised in at 1st or squeeked in at 8th on the last day of the regular season.

And with the current effort, our team isn't beating anyone in a 7 game series, home ice or no home ice.

Wow, very good post.

You really made my think about my earlier 'not thought-out' post.

I guess i am going along with the thinking that hey... we have one of the (if not the best) coach in the league in Ruff. Is he going to allow his team to play this current inconsistent type of game

come play-off time?

I sure hope; NO!

I am banking that their lackadasical play does NOT carry over into the play-offs...

And with some of the injured becoming healthy hopfully they can add a much needed permanent flame to this "on again, off again" offensive play we have seen lately....

We will know our worries are over when this team plays their next complete game.

That is: once they battle for a full 60 minutes and get the "w" i think it will be infectious from that point out, and they will remember what it takes to be a winning team and be willing to do what it takes.

That is: once they battle for a full 60 minutes and get the "w" i think it will be infectious from that point out, and they will remember what it takes to be a winning team and be willing to do what it takes.

...but wouldn't you think that after the tremendous comeback, that they would have come out on Saturday with a great effort and put the final shovel of dirt on the Leafs coffin? I know it's only one game, but very disappointing none the less.

...but wouldn't you think that after the tremendous comeback, that they would have come out on Saturday with a great effort and put the final shovel of dirt on the Leafs coffin? I know it's only one game, but very disappointing none the less.

YES! i did think that. After that awesome comeback win I was sold on the thought that aright.. this next game the Sabres are gonna totally take it to them and play a solid 60 minute game.. It didnt happen and I think that is exactly what Miller expected and that is why he blew a fuse...

The comeback was not a complete 60 minute effort by the blue and gold and when they do turn in a sixty minute effort I expect that will be the beginning of the end for each opponent there on out!

We may not see that until the play-offs, we may see it on Wednesday. When ever it may come, i expect that we have played out last 'bad game' of the season this past Saturday.

Interesting and valid point.

I think the exact opposite happened. I think they ended up saying to themselves, subconsciously of course, "hey, these guys outworked, outplayed, outshot and outhit us for 50 minutes and we showed we could still beat them with a 10 minute effort. Another 10 minute effort tomorrow night should do the same".

And this is exactly what all these comebacks have done to this team - fuled the notion that they're unbeatable WHEN THEY WANT TO BE, even further.

The paradox here is that I truly believe they ARE unbeatable when they want to be, but they have to WANT it enough, and currently they don't.

Here's to turning it around agains NJ tomorrow.

Everyone is beatable, especially in the first round of the playoffs.

We "should" win the Cup, but would you really be surprised if Carolina beat us in the first round?? I wouldn't. It would suck huge, but it could happen.

Playoffs are great, only when we are winning. The stress is coming and I for one, don't like that stress.

Everyone is beatable, especially in the first round of the playoffs.

We "should" win the Cup, but would you really be surprised if Carolina beat us in the first round?? I wouldn't. It would suck huge, but it could happen.

Playoffs are great, only when we are winning. The stress is coming and I for one, don't like that stress.

I'm stressing just thinking about the playoffs. I might have to drink heavily to get through it.

Archived