All things considered.

deluca67

Damned impressive. Last night the Sabres' speed and skill on the rush returned. Not a lot of shots, but incredible efficiency on the chances they created. The Zuby goal after the PP had just ended was also a great example of extended pressure and not giving up.

Last night the Sabres' speed and skill on the rush returned. Not a lot of shots, but incredible efficiency on the chances they created. The Zuby goal after the PP had just ended was also a great example of extended pressure and not giving up.

The first time in a long time where I felt our Sabres were back. They skated Florida into the ground.

They SHOULD skate Florida into the ground. They are on the outside looking in as far as the playoffs go. If the Sabres can't handle teams like that with ease, it's gonna be a short playoff season.

I'm glad they got the W, but they need to start beating the NJs and Ottawas of the conference.

Only problem is that we've spent over a year now talking about injuries like it's a problem that will go away at some point.

I see no indication of that, rather the exact opposite. This is more than just bad luck, this is an injury prone team.

I still disagree. There are injury prone players on this team, but the fact that it's usually a different guy every time makes it hard to call someone injury prone.

The first time in a long time where I felt our Sabres were back. They skated Florida into the ground.

I saw flashes of the real Sabres, but not enough to get me too comfortable yet. They were horrible in their own end again. I would say Campbell and a few other guys skated Florida into the ground, but for the most part, the ice was tilted towards Buffalos end. Florida forechecked the piss out of the Sabres.

Only problem is that we've spent over a year now talking about injuries like it's a problem that will go away at some point.

I see no indication of that, rather the exact opposite. This is more than just bad luck, this is an injury prone team.

I fail to see how getting smashed in the head from behind by a goon from Ottawa makes one "injury prone"!

I'm glad they got the W, but they need to start beating the NJs and Ottawas of the conference.

Exactly. We went (3-5) vs. Ottawa and are so far (1-2) vs. NJ and (1-1-1) vs. Pitt. Not abysmal, but certainly not impressive.

There seems to be a consensus mentality among us Sabres fans that it's "fate" and "destiny" for our team to win the Cup this year; but IMO, right now, this team is simply too injury-prone and too mediocre on defense to get much further than the first round.

I fail to see how getting smashed in the head from behind by a goon from Ottawa makes one "injury prone"!

I wasn't referring to a specific player.

All I know is, one guy comes back, another goes down.

Sorry, but I just don't share the idea that this injury streak will magically vanish into thin air, once the playoffs start.

Archived