Ottawa Choked

wjag

Ottawa had a 3-1 lead going into the third. Gerber in goal. Chicago tied it late and out shot Spezza, Heatley and Alfie in the SO.

Second straight game Ottawa has given up a third period lead.

Thank you Chicago..

If the Sabres go 8-8-1 to finish the season, they will match last year's record exactly, 52-24-6, 110 points.

With the point that Ottawa got today, they would need to finish 14-1 to tie the Sabres at 110 points and therefore win the division through the head-to-head tie breaker.

that's still a point though.

This one definitely hurt though. Chicago is not a playoff team. They had them outright and gave it away late. Buffalo reduces it magic number by one while watching. Instead of Ottawa getting to 11, they are at 12 and one more game played. Lost points are big when you are chasing.

Good, I'm glad they lost. I hope that they lose the rest of their games by huge margins. If any team deserves to tank their season its Ottawa. Not that I am bitter or anything. Btw, break a leg Chris Neil ya jerk. :thumbdown: Err, I mean keep your head up Chris Neil. <_<

Ducks win in a shoot-out.

Also, anyone watching the Nashville coverage notice how the announcers mentioned over and over ( at least 10 times that I heard) how the Preds were without 5 starters? 6 of thier last 7 have gone to OT or later, I believe. That is not quite as dominating as the Sabres missing 8 starters and scoring 5+ goals in 5 of the last 6 games, imo.

Ducks win in a shoot-out.

Also, anyone watching the Nashville coverage notice how the announcers mentioned over and over ( at least 10 times that I heard) how the Preds were without 5 starters? 6 of thier last 7 have gone to OT or later, I believe. That is not quite as dominating as the Sabres missing 8 starters and scoring 5+ goals in 5 of the last 6 games, imo.

Still impressive nonetheless. Winning without your starters should be difficult to do. Starting to look like the Preds and Sabres are having mirror years.

Archived