Friday morning injury updates

Wraith

A lot of new information regarding our injuries can be found at the injury report page of LetsGoSabres.com. A quick summary:

- Paul Gaustad (3/2/07): Recovering faster than projected. There is some thought he may be available for late round playoffs.

- Henrik Tallinder (3/2/07): Missed practice on Thursday with flu-like symptons. Status for Friday uncertain.

- Chris Drury (3/2/07): Skated on Thursday, will return to the lineup on Wednesday.

- Jaroslav Spacek (3/2/07): Skated on Thursday with Drury. Will get the results of his hand X-Ray on Friday. If results of follow-up test are good, he could return to the lineup this weekend or next week.

- Maxim Afinogenov (3/2/07): No official timetable for return. Still aiming for last week of regular season. Doing condition and leg exercises to stay in game shape.

- Tim Connolly (3/2/07): Has not returned to practice following stress fracture.

- Dan Paille (3/2/07): Aiming for a mid-March return.

A lot of new information regarding our injuries can be found at the injury report page of LetsGoSabres.com. A quick summary:

- Paul Gaustad (3/2/07): Recovering faster than projected. There is some thought he may be available for late round playoffs.

- Henrik Tallinder (3/2/07): Missed practice on Thursday with flu-like symptons. Status for Friday uncertain.

- Chris Drury (3/2/07): Skated on Thursday, will return to the lineup on Wednesday.

- Jaroslav Spacek (3/2/07): Skated on Thursday with Drury. Will get the results of his hand X-Ray on Friday. If results of follow-up test are good, he could return to the lineup this weekend or next week.

- Maxim Afinogenov (3/2/07): No official timetable for return. Still aiming for last week of regular season. Doing condition and leg exercises to stay in game shape.

- Tim Connolly (3/2/07): Has not returned to practice following stress fracture.

UGH. Knew this was coming...

Hmmmm, since I'm still waiting for Connolly to return for Game 4 of the ECF, I guess I'll remain skeptical about this one.

Great, here comes the Flu.

This is believable, and I'm glad of it. Saw him on ESPN yesterday, big nasty bruise on his eye/forehead.

I'll believe Timmay when I see him on the ice in regulation play. Max, just hope he comes back scoring and not in one of his slumps.

Let the flu bug make its way through and out of the team during the regular season rather than the playoffs, but can't help but wonder if they make these guys get flu shots.

They can't make them do anything like that unless it in their contract. I'm sure most if not all got the flu shot anyway though, but that doesn't mean that they can't get the flu.

Lets be realistic here:

Goose and Timmy are out. They won't see the rest of this season unfortunately. I hope I'm truly wrong here, but I just don't see it happening.

Everyone else, I can expect a return at some point before the playoffs. Thats really all we can ask of these guys. As long as they return before the playoffs start, I'll be happy.

HOWEVER, you gotta admit that MacArthur, Stafford and Kaleta are playing quite well and I think they can handle any situation they are forced into. This is great conditioning for all of these guys heading into the final 2 months.

LETS GO BUFFALO!!

Lets be realistic here:

Goose and Timmy are out. They won't see the rest of this season unfortunately. I hope I'm truly wrong here, but I just don't see it happening.

You're too negative. Be more like me. Sunshine and kitty cats.

Connolly will play and will win the Conn Smythe. Gaustad will assist on the Cup-winning goal.

Let the flu bug make its way through and out of the team during the regular season rather than the playoffs, but can't help but wonder if they make these guys get flu shots.

Bear in mind: People often talk about the "flu" when they're talking about stomach/GI viruses, not "influenza" per se.

It sounded to me like Danny had a 24-hour "stomach flu," not influenza. You can get a flu shot for the latter, not the former.

Bear in mind: People often talk about the "flu" when they're talking about stomach/GI viruses, not "influenza" per se.

It sounded to me like Danny had a 24-hour "stomach flu," not influenza. You can get a flu shot for the latter, not the former.

Yeah. Influenza really isn't something you can go from "no symptoms" to "symptoms" and back to "game shape" with in three days. Danny almost certain had some kind of stomach virus. Lets hope that is what Tallinder has/had as well.

Archived