Biron Starting Between The Pipes Tonight

ExiledInIllinois

does he have the old sabres black pants shell on?

yep... wow thats strange...

its all together strange just seeing marty in those colours... he's been a sabres so long..... ah well. im sure when he finally get a mask and new pads to match he'll fit right in.

the Flyers won in OT. Marty made an excellent save on a screened slapper from the point, the flyers made a quick outlet pass, got a breakaway, and scored the winner. None of the 3 goals he let in were softies -- the 1st 2 were shots off of breakaways that were very well placed and the 3rd was out of a scrum during a 5-on-3.

It was weird but I was rooting for the flyers. I guess I really liked Marty, notwithstanding all the criticism I threw at him over the years.

I was just going to start a post on how weird it is to actually be hoping for the flyers to win.

I hope they don't sign him at the end of the year, and he gets moved out west where I can root for him.

he will def. be missed in buffalo.

Wow, nice catch, that is weird. You'd think Philly would have those ready for him by now, unles Marty prefers them broken in.

Maybe he is still so attacched to the organization and the team that he wanted to bring something with him and.. no i dunno it is wierd.... but I wonder if it was something he prefered to be wearing? or something he was forced into??

Ne ways, congrats Marty, and good luck!!!

I hope they don't sign him at the end of the year, and he gets moved out west where I can root for him.

I've been thinking the same thing since Tuesday. Sadly, it is not a very likely scenario.

If he performs well, he'll sign in Philly. If he doesn't, he becomes a backup in Philly or elsewhere and then passes into obscurity like all the other goalies that Philly seems to chew up and spit out.

Where is Cechmanek, anyway?

I've been thinking the same thing since Tuesday. Sadly, it is not a very likely scenario.

If he performs well, he'll sign in Philly. If he doesn't, he becomes a backup in Philly or elsewhere and then passes into obscurity like all the other goalies that Philly seems to chew up and spit out.

Where is Cechmanek, anyway?

Last i heard he was baggin groceries at the Harrisburg Trader Joes.

I'm really happy for Marty, but looking at those pictures is almost like walking in on your wife in bed with your neighbor. It just doesn't look right.

I'm happy for Marty. Seeing him in Flyers gear doesn't bother me in the least.

Maybe he is still so attacched to the organization and the team that he wanted to bring something with him and..

Wishful thinking perhaps but I'm pretty sure it's a comfort thing. His old equipment has a certain feel and the last thing any team would want would be an uncomfortable goalie.

i never thought i'd say this, but i think the only time* i'll be rooting against the phlyers is when they play buffalo now.

*-as opposed to every night of the season**.

**-and every night of the off-season.

Archived