Would anyone take Geoff Sanderson in a trade?

ko12010

I saw on Fox Sports that Philly might be trying to ship out Sanderson as well as Hatcher to continue their youth movement. I personally have always liked Sanderson, and I think that he could fit in very well with the Sabres. I think he still has very good speed and he has always been a solid all around hockey player.

I am amazed at what teams are willing to give up right now for veterans like Forsberg and tkachuck. The thrashers gave up Metropolit, their 1st and 3rd and next years second for him? Plus if he resigns with the thrashers next year they owe St. Louis another 1st. They also gave up a good young d man for zhitnik. I don't think anyone can argue that Atlanta may have just saved their season but they seemed to have given up a lot of the future.

I think we can rule out any block busters involving the Sabres after what our young prospects showed they can do against a fully healthy Ottawa Senators team. This Sabres team can be very good for a very long time.

But maybe a few minor trades will have more positive impact than one monster.

Sanderson anyone?

I saw on Fox Sports that Philly might be trying to ship out Sanderson as well as Hatcher to continue their youth movement. I personally have always liked Sanderson, and I think that he could fit in very well with the Sabres. I think he still has very good speed and he has always been a solid all around hockey player.

I am amazed at what teams are willing to give up right now for veterans like Forsberg and tkachuck. The thrashers gave up Metropolit, their 1st and 3rd and next years second for him? Plus if he resigns with the thrashers next year they owe St. Louis another 1st. They also gave up a good young d man for zhitnik. I don't think anyone can argue that Atlanta may have just saved their season but they seemed to have given up a lot of the future.

I think we can rule out any block busters involving the Sabres after what our young prospects showed they can do against a fully healthy Ottawa Senators team. This Sabres team can be very good for a very long time.

But maybe a few minor trades will have more positive impact than one monster.

Sanderson anyone?

Why not? Like you said, he still has the wheels, and that shot is still dynamite, at least from what I saw the last time the two teams played.

I remember a goal that he had where he was breaking toward the net, was tripped up from behind and as he was falling, flicked a shot one-handed passed the goalie. One of the best goals that I have ever seen, but could never find it on YouTube.

I don't remember the personal issues he had, but he always had amazing speed and good skills.

I remember a goal that he had where he was breaking toward the net, was tripped up from behind and as he was falling, flicked a shot one-handed passed the goalie. One of the best goals that I have ever seen, but could never find it on YouTube.

I don't remember the personal issues he had, but he always had amazing speed and good skills.

Well he wasn't tripped completely, but he had Sylvain Cote hanging all over him, and it was against Toronto in the ECF of 1999.

One-hand was correct, he used the other to keep Cote off him.

Would I like to see him in Buffalo? Sure, but is he really the kind of player we need? Shouldn't we be looking for a d-man or a winger with some physical presence instead?

Well he wasn't tripped completely, but he had Sylvain Cote hanging all over him, and it was against Toronto in the ECF of 1999.

One-hand was correct, he used the other to keep Cote off him.

Would I like to see him in Buffalo? Sure, but is he really the kind of player we need? Shouldn't we be looking for a d-man or a winger with some physical presence instead?

I think Paetsch fills both of those roles. I would expect the plan to be dress the 7 d-men for the playoffs with Nathan playing the fourth line and the power play.

As for Sanderson? I think the $1.5 may be a little more than the Sabres can afford at this point. I certainly wouldn't move any additional players to fit him in.

Archived