A fine for Ruff? That's it?

deluca67

3 -2 I thought when Emery and Biron got ejected...but I guess maybe it was 3 - 3, then 5 -3, 5 - 5...that's not the point.

Why are you folks so stuck on AHL vs NHL. You have great depth...

Your argument suggests that when Healthy and the Sens took a 4 - 1 Series lead that we are better. I'm not willing to suggest that and neither should you.

I would never suggest that. Being that the Sens are a complete non factor in the playoffs I never considered the Sens any type of threat.

The only reason they are relevant now is because of the cheap shot.

I am just stunned by the comments that say it was a dirty hit since it was on the Sabres Captain and a star player. In effect what you are saying is it's wrong for a star or captain to be subject to the same type play as all players. Or is it that you would be happy if it was a non-captain player with the same injuries?

Doesn't make sense- basic fact- the hit wasn't dirty- hte hit was violent and poor judgement- but the Sabres/ Ruff's response was immature and should be embarrasing to the Buffalo franchise. Fine- get eth revenge- fight- then end it and focus on the game.... but to then attack in the manner they did- with a few cross checks- (manly and noble that is)- or by grabbing Heatley from behind around the head (very good example of sportsmanship there) just shows that Buffalo as a team lost it's focus and reason.

I'm done with this board- the Buffalo fans are simply responding with their hearts- great fans that they are- just sometimes emotion blocks logic and reason...... hopefully tonights game with be physical- both teams need that to get past this- but a clean game........ players or caoches wishing different should be ashamed.....

Have a good game guys- and to the Sabres fans- enjoy your season- you're having a great one.

Back to my pitiful Blues.

We didn't lose because of the guys up front. We lost because you happen to have an excellent goalie who steals games. Biron wasn't doing that so the trade off of Miller/Gerber was the difference.

Dagwood: I agree. Miller's move into the slot and the shot he put over Gerber's blocker on the third goal was absolutely twisted! And forget about Miller's fifth goal of the night...

Come on. Your boys got outplayed by an AHL squad and lost. I expect the tables will be turned tonight but saying Miller was the only reason the Sabres won is like listening to Murray's hysterics and dribble that the hit wasn't late.

I am just stunned by the comments that say it was a dirty hit since it was on the Sabres Captain and a star player. In effect what you are saying is it's wrong for a star or captain to be subject to the same type play as all players. Or is it that you would be happy if it was a non-captain player with the same injuries?

Doesn't make sense- basic fact- the hit wasn't dirty- hte hit was violent and poor judgement- but the Sabres/ Ruff's response was immature and should be embarrasing to the Buffalo franchise. Fine- get eth revenge- fight- then end it and focus on the game.... but to then attack in the manner they did- with a few cross checks- (manly and noble that is)- or by grabbing Heatley from behind around the head (very good example of sportsmanship there) just shows that Buffalo as a team lost it's focus and reason.

I'm done with this board- the Buffalo fans are simply responding with their hearts- great fans that they are- just sometimes emotion blocks logic and reason...... hopefully tonights game with be physical- both teams need that to get past this- but a clean game........ players or caoches wishing different should be ashamed.....

Have a good game guys- and to the Sabres fans- enjoy your season- you're having a great one.

No... No... That is not the point... At least IMO.

The hit was wrong either way against EVERYBODY... Neil singled out Drury because he was headhunting a star player and possibly wanted to make a point.

This is where the league has to get tough becuase the game and technology is so much faster and advanced.

This is why QB's were getting killed and the NFL made a point to protect the passer... Drury just passed the puck... What Neil did was like roughing the passer... He should have got at least a roughing call.

This isn't 1935 anymore... As things evolve so do the rules... You can't "clothesline", chop block, etc... In football that is... Where has hockey gone with the technical advancements? IE: plastic shoulder pads...

The NHL has a problem... And it is with how they define "finishing a check"... There are no out of bounds in hockey... What Drury did was like the equivalent of being out of the play or bounds.

The hit on Tim Connelly and RJ Umberger were, IMO okay situations... The ACTUALLY posessed the PUCK.

Too much wishy washy type things going on in the NHL... Too much gray area... And it shows.

The NHL has a problem connecting with its past history... Yet, alter the game radically in the way it is scored (shootouts) and standings (points)... But, not in what is necessary (addressing hits and injuries)... GO FIGURE! :doh: :doh:

FCUKIN BULLSH!T. if they are gonna fine ruff out there for intent to rumble.. Fine Muarry's a** for putting Neil's no talent a** out there for intent to injure!

This league is a freakin' joke sometimes, so one sided, and canadian team favored, or as them ass clowns like to say (favoured) NHL go screw your self and i hope Ruff shoves that fine you gave him right back up your biased canadian ass. :angry:

Lindy didn't get fined because of his line choice. He was fined because he unwisely admitted that he told his team to "run them". Not brilliant. No way Campbell could have ignored that one. Lesson learned; shut up.

Hold on a sec there Braedon. I'm not contradicting myself.

How many saves did Miller make off Heatley in the slot?

How many positional saves did Miller make when the puck rang off the posts?

How many saves did Miller make in OT and the SO

Yes the Sens came back with 3 goals, but could have had about 5 or 6 if not for Miller.

Give your Goaltender some credit. I certainly am.

Save of the game was Biron on Heatley. I'm giving both our G's credit.

I give the G credit all the time. Forgive me if I don't jump out of my skin, it's just that I watch it happen game in, game out. Nice having two goalies that are rockstars. Kind of like Ray and Marty.

Geez I crack myself up. :lol:

That is NOT why it was a dirty hit. It's a dirty hit because it's late, a shoulder to the head, and from outside the guy's vision. Neil was behind Drury until he was about 5' away from him. He should have known there was no way that Drury would know he was coming, the puck was NO WHERE near Drury so Drury would not have been expecting a hit (definitely not 1.5-2 seconds after he gave up the puck), and he STILL went high on Drury.

That is WHY it was dirty. Not because it was Drury being hit. The hit on Connolly last year was mean, it could even be labelled as "viscious", but it was NOT dirty even though it was on the forward who was playing the best hockey of any of the Sabres at the time.

Although Timmy obviously didn't expect the hit, he was in a position that he should have expected one. There is very little reason that Drury should have been expecting the type of hit he took, other than the fact Neil was on the ice.

And yes, I do realize that Drury was technically still in "possession of the puck". But by saying the hit wasn't dirty because of that, you're saying 4 seconds after a guy ices the puck but the whistle still hasn't blown that the guy who iced it can be blown up from somebody skating up totally out of the blue (as long as he hits him in the side or front). I don't believe the icing hit would be "clean", although it would be technically legal. I doubt that you'd believe the icing hit would be "clean" either.

Lindy didn't get fined because of his line choice. He was fined because he unwisely admitted that he told his team to "run them". Not brilliant. No way Campbell could have ignored that one. Lesson learned; shut up.

Pardon me, small man, i mean small town... everyone here is entitled to their own opinion and wheather you agree or not is up to you and you should always feel free to object, but i don't think telling someone to "shut up" on this board is acceptable. So please, never again.... its disrespectful and uncalled for.

Pardon me, small man, i mean small town... everyone here is entitled to their own opinion and wheather you agree or not is up to you and you should always feel free to object, but i don't think telling someone to "shut up" on this board is acceptable. So please, never again.... its disrespectful and uncalled for.

Fronz, I don't think he was telling YOU to shut up. I think he was telling Lindy to shut up. (If not, let the flame war begin. :beer: )

That is NOT why it was a dirty hit. It's a dirty hit because it's late, a shoulder to the head, and from outside the guy's vision. Neil was behind Drury until he was about 5' away from him. He should have known there was no way that Drury would know he was coming, the puck was NO WHERE near Drury so Drury would not have been expecting a hit (definitely not 1.5-2 seconds after he gave up the puck), and he STILL went high on Drury.

That is WHY it was dirty. Not because it was Drury being hit. The hit on Connolly last year was mean, it could even be labelled as "viscious", but it was NOT dirty even though it was on the forward who was playing the best hockey of any of the Sabres at the time.

Although Timmy obviously didn't expect the hit, he was in a position that he should have expected one. There is very little reason that Drury should have been expecting the type of hit he took, other than the fact Neil was on the ice.

And yes, I do realize that Drury was technically still in "possession of the puck". But by saying the hit wasn't dirty because of that, you're saying 4 seconds after a guy ices the puck but the whistle still hasn't blown that the guy who iced it can be blown up from somebody skating up totally out of the blue (as long as he hits him in the side or front). I don't believe the icing hit would be "clean", although it would be technically legal. I doubt that you'd believe the icing hit would be "clean" either.

Oh god you are so far off from what really happened it's damn near impossible to comment ... but I'll try. First off lets take the it was a dirty hit because ... yada yada ... The hit was not late it was less than 3/4 of a second from when Drury released the puck ... three quarters of a second is NOT a late hit in anyones books. So check you stopwatch again there must be something wrong with it. Secondly you say it was a dirty hit because he was a shoulder to the head. Well at least you are not saying an elbow anymore ... Yes it appears Chris Neils shoulder hit Drurys head .. but what do you expect? I mean seriously Chris Neil is the hit leader in the NHL and he has Drury lined up with his head down and Drury starts to straighten up ... Neil had only time to adjust slightly to this and instead of ducking down (which would have been a low hit and god knows you woud all be screamin that Neil went after his knees ... ect ect) so Neil straightens up to try to hit Drury shoulder to shoulder. Yes he missed it happens. Next you claim it is a diry hit because the hit came from outside his vision... well tough freaking luck for him ... you gunna play on the big ice you'd better keep you head up. Next you claim that Drury could not have known the hit was coming ... He is playing while the NHL hit leader is on the ice comes across our blueline and releases the puck and less than a second later is hit ... come on even you know that when you are in the opponents zone and just release the puck you are a legal target for a good open ice hit for at least a second maybe 2 after shooting. Next you claim that because the puck was nowhere near Drury that the hit was dirty. This is patently false ... as I have already stated the hit came less than a second after he released the puck, under the rules and also according to the way everyone plays the game a puck carrier is still a valid target for a legal hit for 1 to 2 seconds after releasing the puck so where the puck was at the time of the hit is irrelevant

It was not a late hit it was not from behind and the only thing that even comes close to being at all dirty is Neils shoulder hit Drurys head. I think it was unfortunate but I do not believe for a second Neil meant to hit Drury's head. If you don't like the hit fine but stop making up stories that are not backed up by the video evidence.

Oh and as for your hypothetical situations ... they are all based on the wrong assumption that the hit was late which at less than a second after releasing the puck it was not.

At this point, doesn't this type of desicion become expected? I was surprised anything was done but not in the least surprised that a fine was leveed to Ruff. Their judgements are always misguided and usually antagonistic to accomplishing whatever they are trying to do.

So Ruff gets popped to the tune of 10 g's for what basically comes down to him telling his players to "go out and run em". Why then doesn't the Spitter catch a fine for telling Ruff "I'll f-ing run anyone I want to"? This was heard loud and clear as it was being said. Pretty much the exact same context as Ruff's post game quote. What a joke.

Again the Colin Campbell proves to be the biggest ass clown in all of sports.

Are you kidding me? There's a code of ethics in the NHL and Lindy did what he was supposed to do. To be fined is rediculous, and you think it's not enough. :censored:

People like you really bother me. I come to this board to enjoy talking about my beloved Sabres and you feel like you have to come in and step on things. Go away.

Do you actually think a comment like that has any effect and contributes in anyway to this board?

Let's keep things somewhat mature shall we? I can't argue that we got beat by the Sabres last year it's a fact. I didn't come here to hurl insults, or attack people. If you can't discuss things in a mature manner.. then don't post or respond to me..

Yeah what a harsh insult, you must be pretty soft, no wonder your a sens fan. I think trolling other team boards to piss people off is far more a waste of time then reminding you about the super sweet Pomminstein goal that ended your season last year, Troll on son.

Oh god you are so far off from what really happened it's damn near impossible to comment ... but I'll try. First off lets take the it was a dirty hit because ... yada yada ... The hit was not late it was less than 3/4 of a second from when Drury released the puck ... three quarters of a second is NOT a late hit in anyones books. So check you stopwatch again there must be something wrong with it. Secondly you say it was a dirty hit because he was a shoulder to the head. Well at least you are not saying an elbow anymore ... Yes it appears Chris Neils shoulder hit Drurys head .. but what do you expect? I mean seriously Chris Neil is the hit leader in the NHL and he has Drury lined up with his head down and Drury starts to straighten up ... Neil had only time to adjust slightly to this and instead of ducking down (which would have been a low hit and god knows you woud all be screamin that Neil went after his knees ... ect ect) so Neil straightens up to try to hit Drury shoulder to shoulder. Yes he missed it happens. Next you claim it is a diry hit because the hit came from outside his vision... well tough freaking luck for him ... you gunna play on the big ice you'd better keep you head up. Next you claim that Drury could not have known the hit was coming ... He is playing while the NHL hit leader is on the ice comes across our blueline and releases the puck and less than a second later is hit ... come on even you know that when you are in the opponents zone and just release the puck you are a legal target for a good open ice hit for at least a second maybe 2 after shooting. Next you claim that because the puck was nowhere near Drury that the hit was dirty. This is patently false ... as I have already stated the hit came less than a second after he released the puck, under the rules and also according to the way everyone plays the game a puck carrier is still a valid target for a legal hit for 1 to 2 seconds after releasing the puck so where the puck was at the time of the hit is irrelevant

It was not a late hit it was not from behind and the only thing that even comes close to being at all dirty is Neils shoulder hit Drurys head. I think it was unfortunate but I do not believe for a second Neil meant to hit Drury's head. If you don't like the hit fine but stop making up stories that are not backed up by the video evidence.

Oh and as for your hypothetical situations ... they are all based on the wrong assumption that the hit was late which at less than a second after releasing the puck it was not.

Yo troll,

Show me where I EVER wrote that the hit WAS an elbow.

Breaking the comments of what in aggregate cause the hit to be dirty into separate components does not make the hit "clean". It is a facetious argument. And while it might fly on whatever board you normally post on, it will not fly here.

You will never get me to agree that hitting a player in the head from outside his line of sight is anything but dirty. The fact the puck was on the other side of the ice only adds to it. The hit came easily 1.5 seconds after Drury shot it into the corner. So you may want to check YOUR stopwatch.

And, your beloved Neil even admitted the hit "may have been a step late." So, your contention that the hit wasn't even close to being late is also facetious.

Nor does your making stuff up change what actually happened. Your pretending to know what was in Neil's head at the time of the hit "Neil straightens up to try to hit Drury shoulder to shoulder" is rich. You then proceed to set up a strawman that people here would have claimed that Neil went for Drury's knees. There have been exactly 0 posts on this board to suggest that reaction, but considering the rest of your post I see no reason for you to stop a good rant just because you have no facts to substantiate them.

But thanks for playing.

Archived