Mair apologized to Heatley after the game.

ofiba

I thought this was interesting...

The bad blood almost carried over after the game.

Mair went to the Senators locker room, where he apologized to Heatley in the doorway. Heatley accepted the apology, but Senators assistant coach John Paddock shot Mair an angry glare.

"Don't look at me like that when I'm apologizing," Mair said to Paddock, who then apologized to Mair.

Think about it- if you went to a school with 1000 people, you'd have a pretty decent chance of getting to know a good number of them, even if they weren't in your classes. There are fewer players than that in the NHL.

They probably play in golf tournies and stuff in the off-season together.

I thought this was interesting...

Just when you think there is no hope... there is something cool like this!

Then again, there will be people out there that see this as a weakness (Paddock I suppose... Maybe some here?)...

So be it... It is a GAME... Things can be reconciled!

Think about it- if you went to a school with 1000 people, you'd have a pretty decent chance of getting to know a good number of them, even if they weren't in your classes. There are fewer players than that in the NHL.

They probably play in golf tournies and stuff in the off-season together.

Heck... I work with 12 other guys and we all fight like azzholes! Things are great, a real hoot in the blue collar/manual labor trades! NO wonders mgmt acts like bigger azzholes!... :D :D

I broke a guys leg once in a Provincial soccer final, we won, they were the favorite. I didn't mean to do it, but I did mean to hurt him. He was runnin our guys and shootin off his mouth.

After the game, i sought him out and apologized. He understood. Rage during the game, men and fellow soccer players after.

I wish his buddies were so relaxed. they surrounded me at the bar and I was done for were it not for the intervention of one of my team-mates who just happened to be completely nuts.

Mair may have even felt bad about goonin Spezza, but you know what, he'll punch Heatley in the face next game if he feels it needs to be done.

The Sens didn't lose a player with a possible concussion and who needed stitches on his head. But Mair went above and beyond and showed tremendous class by apologizing. Hopefully it sent a message to everyone to watch themselves in the future.

When you are on the ice, field or pitch you go to war. When you are off the playing surface you are friends. That's where sportmenship and competitive goes together. In that thought you must play with honor. But in hockey defend and support your teammates but not to a point with the intent to injury another person.

You always hear a lot of talk about the code and the Sabres follow it very closely. Just look at Peters last year when he broke McGratton's face. He pulled off immediately when he saw that he was hurt. The whole thing would've never been so ugly last night if Murray wasn't a bumbling idiot. Put some muscle out on the ice after the hit and it ends right there.

The Sens can talk all night about Saturday, but the fact is this. Nothing will happen

The NHL will have people there and the teams will have been given a strict warning.

Mair apologizing shows he's a good man. As far as I can tell, the players like Mair and Peters didn't need to be told what to do. That was instincts. Ruff didn't tell them to do anything. When they were put out on the ice, they knew why.

Archived