Just a thought

mis3384

I was watching the FLA vs TB game last night and realized they would be the perfect partner for a trade....

BUFFALO GETS:

G- Ed Belfour

F- Rostislav Olesz

D- Bryan Allen

FLORIDA GETS:

G- Martin Biron

F- Ales Kotalik

D- Mike Card (M)

Draft Pick

I dont think FLA is gonna care that Kotalik is injured, hes signed a long term deal and hes a young player for the future of their rebuilding team....Biron gives them the #1 goalie they need and the pick and prospect gives them somthing to say yes too....

I was watching the FLA vs TB game last night and realized they would be the perfect partner for a trade....

BUFFALO GETS:

G- Ed Belfour

F- Rostislav Olesz

D- Bryan Allen

FLORIDA GETS:

G- Martin Biron

F- Ales Kotalik

D- Mike Card (M)

Draft Pick

I dont think FLA is gonna care that Kotalik is injured, hes signed a long term deal and hes a young player for the future of their rebuilding team....Biron gives them the #1 goalie they need and the pick and prospect gives them somthing to say yes too....

No way Darcy gives up Card AND a draft pick. He doesn't do a deal unless he feels he wins it. Even if he is trading from a position of weakness, like now with injuries and cap.

Denis is also making more than Biron ...

the only one I have heard that made a little sense was Biron to Tampa with Fedotenko coming back. Those salaries don't match up either, but if they threw in Holmqvist to backup Miller it would be close ... that only works for Tampa if they can sign Biron long-term, but from a Sabres standpioint it's not bad, a forward with size and playoff experience and a goalie who is not that experienced but is not a kid either (28 years old) and has had a decent year. It looks like the only way Darcy can deal is to move Biron, and Holmqvist would not be the worst option to have behind Miller.

if they threw in Holmqvist to backup Miller it would be close

jay feaster has said they want to sign holmqvist to a multi-year deal. while not a stellar 1-2 duo, denis (who is overpaid) and holmqvist form a pretty good tandem. when one has sucked this year the other has been great.

tampa's big problem is that they run and gun it, but their defence is atrocious. they would need a top flight goalie (see: miller, kipper, luongo, etc) to actually make a difference. biron isn't much of an upgrade over denis or holmqvist anyway. they're at the cap so they'd have to move denis, but no one is going to pick him up at $2.8. keeping denis and adding biron would tie up almost $5 million between the two goalies, and they can't afford to do that when their d blows and they've got $21 million between lecavalier, st. louis, and richards. biron to tampa makes no sense. i can't see it happening, but if it did it would cement feaster's fate as a total dumbass.

According to an article by Bob McKenzie on TSN.ca, he says right now Darcy is trying to move Biron, but there aren't any takers because of him being a UFA right now.

I wonder if there would be if he made a reasonable deal with Darcy for say 2 years with a "Marv Levy" handshke agreement that he will be traded ASAP.

Take away the UFA status from him and with a reasonable offer teams might bite on him. He might not like it cause he won't get to be a FA at the end of the year though so it probably won't work, but its an idea

According to an article by Bob McKenzie on TSN.ca, he says right now Darcy is trying to move Biron, but there aren't any takers because of him being a UFA right now.

I wonder if there would be if he made a reasonable deal with Darcy for say 2 years with a "Marv Levy" handshke agreement that he will be traded ASAP.

Take away the UFA status from him and with a reasonable offer teams might bite on him. He might not like it cause he won't get to be a FA at the end of the year though so it probably won't work, but its an idea

his agent can talk to other teams, so they could either get the logistics of a deal in place before the trade is made and then sign him, or have buffalo sign him and then trade him. mckenzie is right though. i don't see why a non-playoff team that needs a #1 goalie would tade for a pending ufa. if they were to, they'd need a deal in place. it's a crapshoot. and that's why buffalo won't get squat for him.

his agent can talk to other teams, so they could either get the logistics of a deal in place before the trade is made and then sign him, or have buffalo sign him and then trade him. mckenzie is right though. i don't see why a non-playoff team that needs a #1 goalie would tade for a pending ufa. if they were to, they'd need a deal in place. it's a crapshoot. and that's why buffalo won't get squat for him.

I agree completly

What may have to end up happening is Buffalo trades Biron to some team that is interested in signing him long term for a pick 3rd - 5th? or a pick to be named later depending on them being able to sign him longterm. Basically a move to just free up cap space so he can make other moves. Otherwise I think the move would be Biron and someone else (#1 pick or a top prospect) to a team for a player. Darcy kind of has to sweeten the deal with something else to move him just to gain the cap space to make a move.

It depends on how badly they want the cup. Are they willing to sit still and make no moves, and take a chance on the team becoming healthy and everyone back to 100% by the playoffs and then they catch fire to win it all. That option is a bit of a gamble. We all know this team has some flaws, and this is the time they are supposed to get addressed.

I can picture the front office right now, Darcy is sitting back reading the Buffalo news in his office, sipping his coffee reading Eklunds site with Quinn, making up rumors and sending it to him for a laugh, TG is foaming at the mouth looking at a photo of the Stanley cup, eyes bulging out of his head, hair on his neck standing straight up, mumbling to himself, "I want this". Darcy says to him, "don't worry, I have it all under control, no one can beat us", all while the head office of the Americks is in the office begging for a player or 2 back so they can play again.

Archived