Peters gets 3rd star

Rock DJ

Ok, maybe giving him a star was a bit of a stretch, but I'm not against the call. He played 10 shifts, which I think was the most he's done this year. And he actually put a move that faked someone out.

Nice touch to whoever picked them. Give him a touch of glory while they can for being a good team player.

Pretty funny post game interview too.

For all the flack that the guy gets for having less talent than the rest of the team (which happens to be the most talented in the NHL top to bottom), the rest of the guys love him and he knows his role. He deserves a roster spot... not at his price, but he deserves a roster spot... Not like its his fault anyways for getting $400k. I think peters would do much better with increased ice time. You can take one short shift a game and give it to briere and assume he sucks. Not saying that peters is briere, but if you increase his ice time, he will contribute. We'll learn that the hard way with these injuries, but whatever... Peters is the man

Did the Vs announcers ever confuse Vanek with Peters? I saw a couple of moves that I would have been floored by if it was Peters, although he did do that nice skate to stick move on the goal. :D

Even a blind squirrel occassionally finds a nut..

Give him his due, our blind squirrel played his best game of the season. In many respects the Flyers were just the right team at the right time. They came to bang and skate and we obliged them with our bang and skate guys as well.

Even a blind squirrel occassionally finds a nut..

Give him his due, our blind squirrel played his best game of the season career. In many respects the Flyers were just the right team at the right time. They came to bang and skate and we obliged them with our bang and skate guys as well.

Much better. With that said, it sure would be nice if he had played like that earlier in the season...

Did the Vs announcers ever confuse Vanek with Peters? I saw a couple of moves that I would have been floored by if it was Peters, although he did do that nice skate to stick move on the goal. :D

Yeah they did mess the two up. There were a few times where Peters left the ice and was replaced by Vanek, while the rest of the 4th line was still out there. There was one move in particular that Vanek made in the offensive zone which they said Peters. Oh well, it's Versus, I've come to expect nothing but the worst. At least last night we didn't have to deal with that Devils homer Emmrick.

There was one move in particular that Vanek made in the offensive zone which they said Peters. Oh well, it's Versus, I've come to expect nothing but the worst.

I thought so. The move was ridiculoud. Vanek deked between to Flyers along the boards and walked out to the top of the circle. If that was Peters, Lindy should put him on the top line. :lol:

I thought so. The move was ridiculoud. Vanek deked between to Flyers along the boards and walked out to the top of the circle. If that was Peters, Lindy should put him on the top line. :lol:

I'm not sure if it's the same move you're talking about, but Peters did a nice drag move around a guy and came into the slot with the puck. It was a great piece of stick work, which I've seen from him several times this year. He usually doesn't do anything with it, but I've seen good work from him this season. He's obviously worked at it.

And yes, I replayed it to verify that it was Petey.

Archived