The Sabres CAN'T DO IT!

Doohickie

With injuries to 6 regulars, the Sabres are done. Kaput. Finished. Heading into the playoffs, they will lose all their momentum and be a first round casualty to a healthy upstart that barely makes the playoffs. It is an easy scenario to consider, and the Sabres can still hold their heads high, knowing that when they were healthy, they were the best.

But for those of you who know this team, follow this team, and love this team, we know that they are not about moral victories and holding their heads high. This team, from Day 1, has been all about bringing the Cup to Buffalo. It would be easy to blame circumstances for a let-down, but Lindy's not gonna let that happen. Not this year. The players coming up from Rochester are about speed; they already know the System. Briere told them not to play with fear. They won't. They will PLAY TO WIN!

THE CUP STOPS HERE! GO SABRES!

While I wouldn't go so far as to use the term "blessing in disguise", the injuries will force them to focus and give them that chip on their shoulder that they play so well with. It is not too often that the team with the best record can go into the playoffs with an "underdog" mentality.

If this was any other team, and I think that they could be a first-round casualty, but not this team.

You're right, no one is coming back from their injuries.

Wrong, They are all coming back and they are going to play at an all-star level!!!

Especially Connolly who has yet to play in a game in almost a year, he's going to step in right away and carry this team through the playoffs

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lets face it, small guys break easier.

Id rather have this happen now then in 2 months...so, rest up guys, get your legs back, heal them injuries, cause the regular season doesnt mean jack!

Go Sabres!

Gonna win that cup......that Stanley cup...

Yep.

Just ask Gord Klusak, Eric Lindros and Adam Deadmarsh.

I wouldn't consider Gaustad, Spacek, Paillie, Kotalik and Novotny small. They all play a physical game and that's the price you pay.

I wouldn't consider Gaustad, Spacek, Paillie, Kotalik and Novotny small. They all play a physical game and that's the price you pay.

I would find it difficult to say that any of those players were hurt due to their tenacious physical play. More like the play was taken to them. Let's not include Gaustad on this list, his injury was freak of all freak injuries.

I would find it difficult to say that any of those players were hurt due to their tenacious physical play. More like the play was taken to them. Let's not include Gaustad on this list, his injury was freak of all freak injuries.

Spacek blocked a shot.

Novotny was throwing a check.

Kotalik was forchecking.

Even Gaustad's injury was a result of aggressive play in the offensive zone.

They were initiating the action.

And that's the nature of this team. When they sit back and let the other team initiate, they lose.

I was watching the Red Wings/Blackhawks game yesterday and they were comparing Zetterberg to Forsberg, noting that in Zeterberg's recent run of averaging more than a goal a game, that he was doing the power forward thing a la Forsberg and Wendel Clark (initiating hits, etc.) The next statement was something about Forsberg and Clark quickly getting to be "older than their years".

Those who are willing to sacrifice the body enjoy glorious, if brief, careers. This is what the fans want. It also wins games. It's the nature of hockey right now.

Archived