Belfour/Roberts for Biron

Braedon

From Eklund:

Just heading out the door to go to the Wachovia Center, when I got word that The Sabres may indeed be close to sending Marty Biron and a conditional pick to Florida for Eddie Belfour and Gary Roberts. This trade has been speculated around here over the last week. Stay tuned, I will be updating from the Wachovia as the night goes...

Just for the record, Gary Roberts is 41 years old and Belfour is 42. Good times.

Reports are that Panther's backup goalie Craig Anderson was called up from Rochester today, no injuries reported to Belfour or Auld.

i thought that Auld was out for a week with a knee injury, so the callup may not be anything but insurance for an injury. not really sure i want two 40 yr olds on this team, as teppo sometimes looks old and is younger than both of these two. plus belfour? anyone still angry about "no goal"?!?

i give this trade :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

From Eklund, but reporting at 5:08pm, close to a deal. See Hockey Buzz. I hate Trade deadline, but it's almost like watching a train wreck. You can't turn away. And yes, I'm one of those that bash Eklund.

whoa..no thank you -- even IF we could afford it (which we can't), it makes little sense (although I guess it's better than letting Marty walk and getting nothing in return like Satan).

I definitely thought this was a done deal by just reading the thread title.

I wouldn't mind this trade at all if it worked. Belfour allows us to still have a solid backup - with a Cup at that - and Roberts gives us a veteran forward who is still playing well for his age. We're going to lose Biron this summer anyways. If we can make a move that brings in another goalie and a forward, I'd love to see it happen.

I hate to be a Nancy and edit the title of this thread, but come on man! You're inducing heart attacks here!

edit: of course i forgot to add the words "edit the title of the thread and add RUMOR". So, i at least edited it into my own post!

In my defense, I thought about it after and went to switch it......and it's not possible to fix the title or add a thread description. If there is a way, let me know.

So I do apologize, as soon as I did it I thought "I'm responsible for raising systolic blood pressures by 50 mmHg."

whoa..no thank you -- even IF we could afford it (which we can't), it makes little sense (although I guess it's better than letting Marty walk and getting nothing in return like Satan).

Exactly what are we getting for Biron!!

I don't think two 40+ year olds is worthy!

Exactly what are we getting for Biron!!

I don't think two 40+ year olds is worthy!

I am all for Belfour for Biron. We all want Biron around in case Miller gets hurt. Biron is a better insurance policy than Belfour, but Belfour makes less $$. Less money spent on our backup is more money that can be spent somewhere else.

Would I feel confident going into the playoffs with Belfour as a starter? No way...backup, sure.

Archived