Buffalo Gets:

F- Jason Blake

F- Viktor Kozlov

NY Islanders Get:

F- Ales Kotalik

F- Jiri Novotny

4th or 5th RD pick

-------------------------------------------

Buffalo Gets:......maybe you add G- Curtis Sanford to the deal and forget about Brian Boucher????

F- Bill Guerin

D- Eric Brewer

St.Louis Gets:

G- Martin Biron

D- Dmitri Kalinin

F- Andrew Peters....I can hope!!!

meh none of them really make sense to me, except maybe the last.

They all make lots of sense. I don't know if the Sabres wanna shake up their roster so much by dealing 2 forwards, a defensman and Biron. Guerin and Kozlov add grit, leadership and defensive help. Blake is a fantastic defensive player and Kozlov could be the power forward we need.

Guerin and Brewer are obvious.

If those deals were to happen, i think Buffalo would need to add a player to each Isles and St Louis, like a MacArthur and a Mancari or Funk/Card.

Just thinking these deals over again, we are Cup champs if you are posting as Darcy Regier, my friend. lol

Great TRADE IDEAS!!!!

Buffalo Gets:

G-Brian Boucher

Chicago Gets:

3rd or 4th or 5th RD Pick....I dont think hes worth a 3rd

------------------------------------------

If we deal with Chicago, I would like to see Martin Lapointe here, he comes with exp and grit. Brent Seabrook would also be nice, but's that's just me dreaming.

Just a thought, and I know it won't happen this season, but would it be possible to get Mika back next season as Millers back-up or would Vancouver have to get compensation for him? As a starter he wouldn't last, but I still think he could be a very good (and cheap backup)

Mika who????

Great TRADE IDEAS!!!!

Buffalo Gets:

G-Brian Boucher

Chicago Gets:

3rd or 4th or 5th RD Pick....I dont think hes worth a 3rd

------------------------------------------

Buffalo Gets:

F- Jason Blake

F- Viktor Kozlov

NY Islanders Get:

F- Ales Kotalik

F- Jiri Novotny

4th or 5th RD pick

-------------------------------------------

Buffalo Gets:......maybe you add G- Curtis Sanford to the deal and forget about Brian Boucher????

F- Bill Guerin

D- Eric Brewer

St.Louis Gets:

G- Martin Biron

D- Dmitri Kalinin

F- Andrew Peters....I can hope!!!

Trade 1 - I can see it happening If a Marty deal is imminent

Trade 2 - What are you smoking and can I have some :D... That deal is a total pipe dream and those two would cost alot more than Novotny. Kotalik and a mid round pick, probable a higher pick and a prospect as well as Novocop and Kotalik

Trade 3 - might happen if the Sabres sweeten the deal a bit with a pick or prospect, but I don't think will happen.

Just a thought, and I know it won't happen this season, but would it be possible to get Mika back next season as Millers back-up or would Vancouver have to get compensation for him? As a starter he wouldn't last, but I still think he could be a very good (and cheap backup)

He is no longer in Vancouver. Over in Europe somewhere.

I know, but does Vancouver still have his rights?

Norrenen, the third head of our former three headed goalie monster the last couple years

They only guy to get dealt from the Sabres last year for a third

I don't think Vancouver has his rights anymore. TheHockeyNews.com is pretty up-to-date with that stuff and they don't show him in their system. I doubt he'd come back here though, since he won't get a chance to compete for the starting role (and that's why he left Vancouver).

I don't think Vancouver has his rights anymore. TheHockeyNews.com is pretty up-to-date with that stuff and they don't show him in their system. I doubt he'd come back here though, since he won't get a chance to compete for the starting role (and that's why he left Vancouver).

But no one else wants him as a starter either. He would have more of a chance to play behind Miller as a backup, then behind Luongo who is a machine and could probably play a full season straight. Also, I believe Mika would have been competing for 3rd spot if he stayed in Vancouver this year, thats why he left

But no one else wants him as a starter either. He would have more of a chance to play behind Miller as a backup, then behind Luongo who is a machine and could probably play a full season straight. Also, I believe Mika would have been competing for 3rd spot if he stayed in Vancouver this year, thats why he left

Yep. They wanted him to take a 2 way deal and he told them what they could do with it.

If Ruff is comfortable with it, I'd have no problem at all with Mika coming back to the fold. I just don't see any way that Mika doesn't expect to be the 3rd wheel here again in 2 years when Dennis is likely ready to move up. So I really don't expect to see Mika wearing whatever the heck it is the rest of the Sabres wear on their chests.

Yep. They wanted him to take a 2 way deal and he told them what they could do with it.

If Ruff is comfortable with it, I'd have no problem at all with Mika coming back to the fold. I just don't see any way that Mika doesn't expect to be the 3rd wheel here again in 2 years when Dennis is likely ready to move up. So I really don't expect to see Mika wearing whatever the heck it is the rest of the Sabres wear on their chests.

I don't see this as being a big deal at all. If Buffalo would be interested in coming back, then he could be almost guaranteed 2 years as a backup, which he couldd use to showcase himself to another team and hopefully make it somewhere else.

I think it lies more in if Mika is happy playing at home, or coming back to the NHL where he may only be a backup

I don't think Mika had a problem being a backup, just he didn't like being the third stringer (and who would, not even having a locker, having almost no chance to get in a game)

If I was Darcy, I'd get a long distance calling card and make a couple calls to see if theres any interest.

Archived