If you don't cry, you have no heart

Corp000085

Awesome. The shot of the puck in the net was just right... Thank you...

I've done a lot of things in my life, and gone to a lot of games and places. I've seen the bills with the AFC championship, was at the jim kelly number returement, been to his hall of fame induction as well as marv's, i've been to No Goal, i've been to plenty of other OT and playoff games (plante, briere, snow v. shields), went to the lafontaine, hasek, and barnes homecoming games, seen perreault's jersey retired, watched games WITH the french connection, skated at the hsbc, i went to a formula 1 race, etc. etc. etc. but being at the final game at the aud eclipses everything. There's 4 sports related things that would equal that moment... two are games and two are parades... but nothing, no matter how wild, great, or unforgettable could ever top that moment in my life as a Buffalo fan.

two 'other' things i miss most about the aud, aside from the most obvious things:

1 -the announcer. his name was milt something-or-other, right?? he was a buffalo version of yankee stadiums bob shephard

2 - the basic, yet class organist. i think for a while the guy actually tooled around the arena. forget the music between whistles, but that classic couple of keystrokes would get the fans in to a let's go buffalo, anytime! always made me think of the organ at chicago stadium...

Thanks for the find...if that doesn't get your juices flowing...then the pilot light is out. :beer:

I noticed a couple people in the Aud wearing the Goathead jersey?!?! I guess that was introduced before the season ended?!?! I don't remember the particulars there...and oh, doesn't the blue and gold look wonderful!

Thanks for the find...if that doesn't get your juices flowing...then the pilot light is out. :beer:

I noticed a couple people in the Aud wearing the Goathead jersey?!?! I guess that was introduced before the season ended?!?! I don't remember the particulars there...and oh, doesn't the blue and gold look wonderful!

The club did introduce their new jerseys/color scheme and logo in a ceremony at the Aud during the season. I believe it took place that same week as the last game...I remember going down there and seeing it with my mom.

What an amazing 3 videos. The final skate ceremony was unbelievable.

How did Mike Wilson get picked?!?!

MILT ELLIS Dude!

Wooooow that's really wierd you posted this Corp...

I was watching all of those earlier this morning and posted some of em on myspace

That's Wierd!

I like the Apollo 13 Main Theme song they used....

I was at that game and the experience was awesome, but i'd never actually seen it on tv before. Thank god for youtube!

thanx corp why was gilbert not present didnt see him in any of the shots? I have never been to a game at hsbc so cant compare it to the Aud but remember a many of the games I went to in the 70s from my orange nose bleed season ticks. I remember the year my bro and I had enough to move down to the blues. Like you said in another post nothing beats being a Buffalo Fan

thanx corp why was gilbert not present didnt see him in any of the shots? I have never been to a game at hsbc so cant compare it to the Aud but remember a many of the games I went to in the 70s from my orange nose bleed season ticks. I remember the year my bro and I had enough to move down to the blues. Like you said in another post nothing beats being a Buffalo Fan

There's a legit reason for him not being there, but i honestly can't remember... maybe someone else can??

he then died 5 weeks later. very sad indeed

I forget the specifics, but I remember reading something about it last year. LaFontaine handed that last puck to Seymour. A while after he had died, his wife ended up giving the puck back to LaFontaine, telling him that Seymour always wanted him to have it.

I forget the specifics, but I remember reading something about it last year. LaFontaine handed that last puck to Seymour. A while after he had died, his wife ended up giving the puck back to LaFontaine, telling him that Seymour always wanted him to have it.

you are correct. I recall looking at my mom at that game and we both knew it was over for Seymour. We were on the opposite side of the arena, but we, and everyone else in attendance could just tell it was his time. Another thing that seymour did right before he died was to etch his name into the cement under the ice at the future HSBC arena. I'd absolutely love to get a picture of that.

Archived