NHL Rumor Mill Names

Bmwolf21

The Lightning have acquired F KYLE WANVIG and STEPHEN BABY from the Thrashers for D ANDY DELMORE and F ANDRE DEVEAUX.

Delmore continues his unimpressive tour of the NHL.

The BRUINS have dealt D MILAN JURCINA to the Capitals for 4th round draft pick.

I know it's not likely that Boston would have traded him in-division, but only a 4th-rounder for this guy? He's only making $500K, is huge (6-4, 230) young (23) and is pretty mobile for a guy his size. Seems awfully early to give up on a guy who is projected to be a top-4 defenseman.

The Lightning have acquired F KYLE WANVIG and STEPHEN BABY from the Thrashers for D ANDY DELMORE and F ANDRE DEVEAUX.

Delmore continues his unimpressive tour of the NHL.

I know it's not likely that Boston would have traded him in-division, but only a 4th-rounder for this guy? He's only making $500K, is huge (6-4, 230) young (23) and is pretty mobile for a guy his size. Seems awfully early to give up on a guy who is projected to be a top-4 defenseman.

Looks like the trading is starting to heat up prior to the February 27th deadline.

BTW, Brian Leetch is still out there. However, considering that he hasn't been playing with a team all season, he'd been too risky.

Now here's a guy who hasn't had a home all season: Lyle "Cornelius" Odelein. That may be a good thing. Pure agitator, little productivity. Maybe sitting this season out may teach him a lesson on how NOT to be disrespectful to another player's wife (Matthew Barnaby's).

That's exactly what I was thinking too. Something had to happen behind the scenes, like the Bruins' GM had talks with the player's agent and it became clear that he was going to be seeking a contract that was too much for the B's, or he was potentially going to file for arbitration.

I think we should trade Biron and Kotalik....maybe Mair too and a Pick

Maybe:

PHX, LA, STL, DET, CLB

get a backup goalie in return along with a DMan and maybe a Forward

Nagy or Doan and Tellqvist??

Just ideas....but we do need to move Biron and Kotalik

............................................................................................................

Buffalo GETS:

- F David Vyborny

- D Aaron Johnson

- G Ty Conklin

- F Jason Chimera

Columbus GETS:

- F Ales Kotalik

- F Adam Mair

- G Martin Biron

- F Andrew Peters

- D Michael Funk (M)

You might as well start that post with a disclaimer that you're suggesting a deal that includes Andrew Peters.

He has no trade value. Mair has no trade value. I pray that no one is serious when they suggest those names in potential deals.

True, and with his impending FA status, you could probably add Marty in there. Unless a playoff-bound team gets a goaltending injury, I can't see a non-playoff qualifier ponying up anything decent off their roster if they can make a run at him after the season.

Truth be told, the guys that have the most trade value for us are the guys that we would never consider trading. There are really just a few guys that most of us would consider trading that wouldn't hurt our chances in the playoffs.

True, and with his impending FA status, you could probably add Marty in there. Unless a playoff-bound team gets a goaltending injury, I can't see a non-playoff qualifier ponying up anything decent off their roster if they can make a run at him after the season.

Truth be told, the guys that have the most trade value for us are the guys that we would never consider trading. There are really just a few guys that most of us would consider trading that wouldn't hurt our chances in the playoffs.

Marty's value is questionable, but he doesn't belong in the same sentence as Mair and Peters.

Obviously the Vaneks, Brieres, and Drurys of the world are the ones with the most value, but that doesn't mean that some of the others (including prospects) don't have enough value to land something useful in return. If they really want to make a move to improve the team, it won't be too hard to find a piece to give up that wouldn't hurt our chances this year.

But again, all trade talks for Buffalo go back to TC. If TC is coming back, we can't deal off a Card or MacArthur (or whatever prospect you like) and get a roster player in return - we wouldn't have the cap space. It would have to be someone off the roster to clear enough cap space.

If TC has a setback or won't be back, then we could deal a prospect for someone to add to the roster, due to the injury cap exception.

But again, all trade talks for Buffalo go back to TC. If TC is coming back, we can't deal off a Card or MacArthur (or whatever prospect you like) and get a roster player in return - we wouldn't have the cap space. It would have to be someone off the roster to clear enough cap space.

If TC has a setback or won't be back, then we could deal a prospect for someone to add to the roster, due to the injury cap exception.

Right, but that rostered player doesn't have to be someone up near the top (and won't be should they make a move).

Correct. In either case, we aren't talking blockbuster Briere for Pronger- or Drury for Nash-type deals. Deals that include guys from the roster would most likely involve players that are around the salaries, performance and team ranking of guys like Ales and Dmitri.

Archived