Most Obsure Sabres Player

The_Swannie_House

I remember seeing alot of those "obscure" Sabres. I didn't think they would count as obscure. How about anyone rember watching David Littman play in a game for us? I think he got lit up. I also remember Mark Astley with a between the legs move similar to Connoly's. Ric Seiling is that obscure. I don't rember watching Brian Engblom though that was a while ago.

Engblom only played half a season, IIRC.

I wonder if anybody ever had a Jim Weimer jersey?

Gates Orlando, this thread turns its lonely eyes to you.

(I always thought he sounded like a lounge act.)

:w00t:

Maybe the Alumni Association can set up some backup singers for Gilbert: Tony (McKegney), Orlando, and Don(al') (Audette). If they needed a 4th, they could throw in Elvis.

Scott Thomas is actually a buddy of mine from high school! You should have seen the picture taken in the yearbook when he punched a ref during one of our games. Too bad he never got to really take off in the NHL. I remember him score a playoff goal against Boston in the Playoffs around 1991. Man, was I hammered at his wedding!! :thumbsup:

Ok, I could seriously be dreaming this up, but I swear Scott Thomas, the same guy you guys are talking about, scored a critical goal in what I believe was Game 4 or 5 in the 2001 Playoffs when he played for the Kings against Detroit. I will never forget that game because it was one of the most exciting playoff games I had ever seen. The Kings were down like 4-1 with 5 minutes left in the third period, ended up tying the game and winning it in overtime and ultimately winning the series against Detroit. I swear it's got to be the same Scott Thomas because I remember the broadcasters mentioning how he's from Buffalo and was an ex-Sabre. I even remember that the Kings were down 4-2 with about 3 minutes left and Detroit got a penalty and Andy Murray went all out and emptied the net and played the PP 6-on-4 with 3 minutes left, and they scored a PP goal to get within 4-3. That was such an exciting game. It reminds me that as an American, I really miss Adam Deadmarsh no longer being part of the American National Team and no longer playing the NHL. His career really got cut short by concussions.

Archived