When do the All-Star teams get announced?

deluca67

from NHL.com:

"The starting lineups for the 2007 NHL All-Star Game, as selected by fans in COLD-fX/NHL All-Star Fan Balloting, Presented by 2K Sports, will be announced on Tuesday, Jan. 9, exclusively on VERSUS during its national U.S. telecast featuring the Detroit Red Wings at Colorado Avalanche and on RDS in Canada (Atlanta Thrashers at Montreal Canadiens).

Complete rosters for the 2007 NHL All-Star Game and the NHL YoungStars Game presented by Upper Deck will be announced Saturday, Jan. 13, exclusively on CBC during its coverage of Hockey Day In Canada and on RDS."

Just wondering?

Will Ruff give Vanek a spot to build him up?

Starters announced on versus telecast tomorrow. I am not sure about the rest of the lineups. I bet Vanek ends up playing in the young stars game which is open to players 23 and younger still on their first contract.

:rolleyes: @ Rory

EDIT: On a side note, that is the worst-looking rolling eyes icon I have seen on any of the message boards I frequent. Isn't there a better one? Mods, SDS, anyone?

Any idea when during the game it will be announced? I don't want to miss it.

It'll probably be announced as the game is going on live...because the morons that do the commentary for VS never call the game anyway. Need I remind anyone of the Philadelphia series last season in a one goal game with a few seconds left, faceoff deep in the Sabres end...and those idiots are talking about Chris Drury's mouthpiece!

Just a guess....

Briere, Soupy and Miller start. And no Rory. He probably did get enough votes, but NHL will fix it and have him finish 4th.

To me that's not such a bad thing.

I get the joke. I would just hate to see him in the lineup while someone who deserves it misses out. I would hate it if a Sabre missed out because of a joke entry.

To me that's not such a bad thing.

I get the joke. I would just hate to see him in the lineup while someone who deserves it misses out. I would hate it if a Sabre missed out because of a joke entry.

Yeah because the starting lineup to the All Star game always has the most deserving players on it :rolleyes:

Yeah because the starting lineup to the All Star game always has the most deserving players on it :rolleyes:

No. But at least the players deserve to be in the game. You can always argure starters. Putting Rory in is like starting Juice Peters over Briere.

No. But at least the players deserve to be in the game. You can always argure starters. Putting Rory in is like starting Juice Peters over Briere.

I'm not arguing over Rory being a starter over even playing in a game, but with fan voting, your going to get players that don't deserve being in the game because of their play this season making it in because of name and local fans voting them in. Would you be happy seeing Forsberg in the game over any Sabres player (Peters excluded, we all know your response to that) after his play this season?

And yes, starting Rory would be like starting Peters over Briere

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=191457&hubname= - Looks like the NHL brought out their own Ballot stuffers

Just a guess....

Briere, Soupy and Miller start. And no Rory. He probably did get enough votes, but NHL will fix it and have him finish 4th.

Sorry, but I don't see any way that Briere starts over Crosby. Max might be the top RW by fan vote though.

The only way I see Briere listed as a starter is if they give the starter nod to the top three forwards regardless of position.

Sorry, but I don't see any way that Briere starts over Crosby. Max might be the top RW by fan vote though.

The only way I see Briere listed as a starter is if they give the starter nod to the top three forwards regardless of position.

That's how the online ballot looked - three forwards, two D and one goalie... the website voting didn't differentiate between forward positions, b/c you could vote for the players in any order...

FWIW, the forwards leaders were Crosby, Ovechkin and Briere (as of Dec. 27) so unless something has changed drastically, I think those are the three you'll see announced tonight as starters...

Good, I am glad they did. Not only does it save Rory from having to make a decision about whether or not to attend if voted in, it saves Carlyle from having to limit Rory's ice time if he did go.

That's how the online ballot looked - three forwards, two D and one goalie... the website voting didn't differentiate between forward positions, b/c you could vote for the players in any order...

FWIW, the forwards leaders were Crosby, Ovechkin and Briere (as of Dec. 27) so unless something has changed drastically, I think those are the three you'll see announced tonight as starters...

That would be something to see Ovechkin and Briere on the same line.

Ok, I really don;t like the All Star game, to me it's like a weekend without hockey. The skills competition is usually better than the game. in facet, the last good All Star game was played in Buffalo. Anyway, I just realized the ASAG is on a Wednesday night. When the hell did this happen????

Archived