Final Seconds Of The Toronto Game

ExiledInIllinois

I was tracking the game on line... There seemed to be a huge, make that A HUGE lag with the guy scoring the stats at about :35 seconds left...

Recently, when I can't get the game... I forgo listening (because I am not allowed to stream at work) and follow the official super stats... I notice the scorer is right on top of the game (and rightly so)... It refreshes almost twice a minute... It also gives me a graphical way to follow the game... Kinda neat because I can figure out to the second almost what is happening by keeping a mental note of some key stats... Shots, PIM, etc...

But back to the topic... A big lag occurred at :35 seconds left, I feared the worse because I seen Roycroft out of the since at 18:15 in the game... I REALLY feared the worse!

All I can get was this from the recap:

The horn to signify a goal went off in the final seconds, but Toronto's John Pohl hit the side of the net despite shooting at a wide-open goal.

"I can't tell you what I said because you wouldn't be able to print it," Buffalo coach Lindy Ruff said. "Somewhere along the lines of holy chaos."

Was the "homer" goal judge so wide eyed about the open-net that he pulled the trigger for the horn in excitement? :lol: :lol:

All I can say is :o ... Buffalo dodged a bullet???

I was tracking the game on line... There seemed to be a huge, make that A HUGE lag with the guy scoring the stats at about :35 seconds left...

Recently, when I can't get the game... I forgo listening (because I am not allowed to stream at work) and follow the official super stats... I notice the scorer is right on top of the game (and rightly so)... It refreshes almost twice a minute... It also gives me a graphical way to follow the game... Kinda neat because I can figure out to the second almost what is happening by keeping a mental note of some key stats... Shots, PIM, etc...

But back to the topic... A big lag occurred at :35 seconds left, I feared the worse because I seen Roycroft out of the since at 18:15 in the game... I REALLY feared the worse!

The horn to signify a goal went off in the final seconds, but Toronto's John Pohl hit the side of the net despite shooting at a wide-open goal.

"I can't tell you what I said because you wouldn't be able to print it," Buffalo coach Lindy Ruff said. "Somewhere along the lines of holy chaos."

Was the "homer" goal judge so wide eyed about the open-net that he pulled the trigger for the horn in excitement? :lol: :lol:

Yes Buffalo caught a huge break. Pohl had no excuse to miss that empty net.

That puck should've never been in Buffalo's zone. On that icing, Kaberle was chasing the puck and he could've easily touched it, but instead he chose to cut off Briere (interference?).

At the instant he chose to NOT play the puck when he easily could have, icing should've been waved off.

That pissed me off!

Thank God it didn't cost us.

That puck should've never been in Buffalo's zone. On that icing, Kaberle was chasing the puck and he could've easily touched it, but instead he chose to cut off Briere (interference?).

At the instant he chose to NOT play the puck when he easily could have, icing should've been waved off.

That pissed me off!

Thank God it didn't cost us.

I was thinking the exact same thing. And I could count at least five other times where a Leaf played the nearest Sabre instead of the puck. That play was just another example of all the non-calls tonight.

To answer your question with a little more detail... There was a faceoff in Buffalo's zone... it got directed to behind the net. One of our players fired it off the glass in the corner... everybody (even the camera man) expected it to keep going along the boards and probably clear the zone. It hit a partition in the glass and made one of the craziest bounces I have ever seen in a hockey game deflecting at almost a 120 degree angle and went right to the Leafs player in front all alone. Marty came out of his net a little bit to cut down the angle, Pohl went to his backhand and had the WHOLE net wide open. He shot it backhand and just hit the outside netting, missing the post by about 6 inches... CRAZYNESS!!!!

I forgo listening (because I am not allowed to stream at work) and follow the official super stats...

Well, others answered your hockey question. As for the bigger picture, let your employer know how you feel about the streaming policy by visiting this website: http://www.monster.com

A no-streaming policy is ok, I guess, except employers must make exceptions for Sabre games.

Marty came out of his net a little bit to cut down the angle...

...and the Titanic had a little iceberg collision. Marty may have only skated 5 or 6 feet out of the net but after his poke check attempt he was laying face first half way to the blue line. Yes, I am exaggerating but homeboy decided to join Raycroft on a trip to downtown Toronto. :D

It was hard to watch as well. Like someone pointed out, the camera wasn't with the puck. When it caught up, there was a mass of players and the goalie was down. The announcer's voice went up and it almost seemed like everyone stopped (that must have been the horn although I never heard it nor did I see the light). I thought the game was over. And then they all started playing again. The Sabres were scrambling. At that point, I think the Sabres iced the puck and the last view seconds were played harmlessly in the corner after the faceoff. It was pretty wild.

What totally threw me was the last penalty. I thought Sundin the Cryer took it when he slashed Teppo's stick in two. The next thing I know, he is taking the last two draws in the Sabres zone. According to NHL, O'neil got it. But the announcers sure made it seem like it went to Sundin. If nothing else, he should have got a penalty for decking Teppo. Teppo must have said something to him about his mother in Swedish or Finnish because he decked him.

What totally threw me was the last penalty. I thought Sundin the Cryer took it when he slashed Teppo's stick in two. The next thing I know, he is taking the last two draws in the Sabres zone. According to NHL, O'neil got it. But the announcers sure made it seem like it went to Sundin. If nothing else, he should have got a penalty for decking Teppo. Teppo must have said something to him about his mother in Swedish or Finnish because he decked him.

sundin didn't commit the slash, O'niel di, I saw the replay a few times, but for some reason, Sundin (being the p*ssy he is) just skated up to Teppo well after the whistle was blown, and took him down with his stick infront of the net. Nice way to show some respect to a vet Sundin. I kinda wish Ruff would have put Peters on the ice right after that to show Mats some respect

It was un called for and just more reasons I think Sundin is a chump. I have never thought of him as a good player.

As for Biron, yeah saying he came out of the net a bit is a huge understatement, I thought he was going to go join Raycroft on the bench on that play

Archived