Most Misleading 1 for 5 on PP There can Be in a Game...

matter2003

Statistically, it will show the Sabres were 20% on the PP tonite, which is pretty good..in all reality, this is totally misleading as they were just beyond bad most of the night, and before the 5th PP, I think the Sens had more SH chances than Buffalo had PP chances...

The goal they scored was on a 1 man rush by Afinigenov who just abused Volchenkov and made a perfect shot into the top corner...

BTW, that brings back memories of this great PBP:

"Volchenkov LOST it, picked up by Grier, got it over to Drury....he scooooooooooooresssssss!!!!!"

I am not sure what is wrong with the PP, but we have way too much talent to have a PP this bad...

Ruff should look into changing whoever is in charge of the PP cause his coaching methods just aren't getting it done right now...

Screw stats... Whenever a team scores a SHG, I count that as a -2! I know it makes no sense... But, in my crazy book the Sabres went -1 for 5! :lol: Not laughing at the Sabres, just at "my math".

Now in the last 5 games... Is that 4 SHG's the opponent scrored?

Just horrible... Time to tear the machine down and rebuild it Lindy... Something has got to be done...

OTT had 3 PPG's too!

Just go even strength and Buffalo is ahead 2-1... Special teams is killing them WHEN they lose!

PP changes I would like to see...

-Pominville up front.

-Lydman, Kalinin or Tallinder given some time on the point

-Gaustad off the PP

-Better recognition of when to shoot the puck in vs. carry it in.

-Better recognition when opposing teams are going to "run" at out point men on the PP, you can't sit back there all day trying to figure out what to do with the puck.

-Campbell needs to be a difference maker on the PP. Typical play...Campbell gets the puck at the point and passes it to the guy along the wall. He gets the puck back and passes it to the guy on the wall. He gets the puck back and passes it to the guy on the wall. Hey Campbell...the PP is only two minutes long.

I can see it now...teams will start voluntarily taking penalties at the start of the 1st period in the hopes of getting the early shorthanded lead against Buffalo.

It's almost comical that the Sabres are so dominant 5-on-5 yet can't get out of their own way on the PP.

I've noticed Tallinder and Lydman have seen some more time on the PP lately. If I remember correctly they scored at least one PP goal with those 2 at the points.

They each average 22-23 seconds of pp time per game. It seems to me they end up on the ice at the very end of pp's when the opposing team has cleared the Sabres zone and Lindy is getting ready for the other team to get back to full strength.

They each average 22-23 seconds of pp time per game. It seems to me they end up on the ice at the very end of pp's when the opposing team has cleared the Sabres zone and Lindy is getting ready for the other team to get back to full strength.

I think it was the Atlanta game...they were out there for a while, and then the Sabres scored.

I think it was the Atlanta game...they were out there for a while, and then the Sabres scored.

You mean the one where the Sabres were holding onto a 1 goal lead with less than 5 minutes to play. The same Sabres team that SEEMS to give up a shortie every game lately?

Not terribly surprising to see those 2 out there at that point of the game.

That one looks like the only 1 they were out there for.

You mean the one where the Sabres were holding onto a 1 goal lead with less than 5 minutes to play. The same Sabres team that SEEMS to give up a shortie every game lately?

Not terribly surprising to see those 2 out there at that point of the game.

That one looks like the only 1 they were out there for.

Yes, that's the one I'm referring to :) In a similar situation at other points of the year, they would not have been out there. If I remember correctly there was good puck movement on that PP and they scored a goal.

Archived