Trap game tonight, boys!

envirojeff

Now that they have had 5 days off (I count the Ott/Buf game as a night off), I expect much higher energy. The entire NHL is aware that you have to bring your "A" game to beat Buffalo, and I think that that's what we are seeing. All teams feel that they have a chance against us and that's scary! It's going to be a "Ruff" second half!

Jeff

I would have to agree. I've yet to see them play at a 100% for a full game this year.

I think Drury, Briere, Campbell, Miller always play their A game, most everyone else plays when they want to....even Vanek is beginning to slow.........

I love Lindy but benching Kotalik has to be done---what is he waiting for??? in this cap era, he makes for too much to not produce...let the young kids play i feel you don' t lose to much...

I really don't see this as a "trap" game for Buffalo. Absolutely no reason for the Sabres to underestimate or look past the Habs, if that's the definition of a trap game. If anything, Montreal should be the team that's walking into a surprise attack. If this isn't one of Buffalo's best games of the year, win or lose, I'll be very surprised. Not to be melodramatic, but I think tonight we learn a lot about this team. I just hope we don't learn too much about Montreal!

the sabres can beat anybody in the league, on any week of the night when they bring their own "A" game. The problem is that they have been bringing their "B-" and "C" games the past month or so./

I know this doesn't make any sense... But, I will throw it out there...

Do you think they are getting scared of more injuries which is causing coasting and what appears to be lack of effort? Now they are just throwing the puck at the net... Which I don't understand because they weren't officially in a "slump" they were still pulling games out being outshot...

Again... This underneath it all doesn't make sense because I always thought that you play hard to avoid injury... It seems the opposite with BFLO???

They are just so fast and dynamic at times... They "crash and burn" the minute you "plug" them up... Resulting in a rash of injuries...

I really want to see HT's return to "gauge" this and how they react to being back at full strength since very early in the season (when they teared through games... Close games though, but teared through them)

??

I know this doesn't make any sense... But, I will throw it out there...

Do you think they are getting scared of more injuries which is causing coasting and what appears to be lack of effort? Now they are just throwing the puck at the net... Which I don't understand because they weren't officially in a "slump" they were still pulling games out being outshot...

Again... This underneath it all doesn't make sense because I always thought that you play hard to avoid injury... It seems the opposite with BFLO???

They are just so fast and dynamic at times... They "crash and burn" the minute you "plug" them up... Resulting in a rash of injuries...

I really want to see HT's return to "gauge" this and how they react to being back at full strength since very early in the season (when they teared through games... Close games though, but teared through them)

??

EII, I can see where the thought is coming from, but I just don't believe that a fear of injury is even on the radar screen of these players. (I don't believe you can be a pro athlete if you are worried about getting injured (not at the top level of your profession at any rate).) When Tallinder comes back next week, you will see the team pick up as guys like Teppo get to play much less (and heal up from his broken toe) and the outlet pass that makes this team so fearsome can be made from any of 3 different D-pairings (Henrik and Brian excel at it, and Teppo (when healthy) and Jaro are good at it). Henrik is far and away the best of the bunch at that. When he comes back, a whole lot of things get righted.

Throw Connolly's return some time in January on top of it, and it becomes a "scary good" team again.

This team went through a rash of injuries from games 10-20, but they dressed the same lineup each of the 1st 10 games. The fact that they "regressed to the mean" doesn't mean that they are injury prone nor does it mean they are trying to avoid injuries.

"regressed to the mean" doesn't mean that they are injury prone nor does it mean they are trying to avoid injuries.

:thumbsup:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't get me wrong... That never even dawned on me... And if you don't believe me :nana: ... I never ever remotely touched (posted) in that thread!

"All the science I don't understand..."

Is HA a Sabre fan?... :bag:

:thumbsup:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't get me wrong... That never even dawned on me... And if you don't believe me :nana: ... I never ever remotely touched (posted) in that thread!

"All the science I don't understand..."

Is HA a Sabre fan?... :bag:

I truly hope not. But I am very glad that the CTM/BJ doesn't check this board because I am fairly certain I'd catch some flack for using the phrase "regressed to the mean" when I should have stated "regressed toward the mean". :doh:

Those of you reading this who have no idea what we are talking about and don't check out TSW's PPP board don't know just how smart you are to avoid it at all costs. :P (This coming from someone who reads it almost daily and gets drawn into FAR too many discussions like the 20 threads EII is referring to. :doh: )

I truly hope not. But I am very glad that the CTM/BJ doesn't check this board because I am fairly certain I'd catch some flack for using the phrase "regressed to the mean" when I should have stated "regressed toward the mean". :doh:

Those of you reading this who have no idea what we are talking about and don't check out TSW's PPP board don't know just how smart you are to avoid it at all costs. :P (This coming from someone who reads it almost daily and gets drawn into FAR too many discussions like the 20 threads EII is referring to. :doh: )

:lol:

TSW is down for a few hours right now... This (Sabresspace) is my "ace-in the hole" at work... I shouldn't be here because I prefer my work to knock (filter) out TSW before they do this place!

I love the Bills... All the OT and PPP... But, the Sabres being my first love... I just try and not get too wrapped up because I would be useless during the week (there is 3 hockey games per week)...

And boy 'em I grumpy too... Beating the Pred and Blue notes will go far in helping spread Christmas cheer!

:lol:

TSW is down for a few hours right now... This (Sabresspace) is my "ace-in the hole" at work... I shouldn't be here because I prefer my work to knock (filter) out TSW before they do this place!

I love the Bills... All the OT and PPP... But, the Sabres being my first love... I just try and not get too wrapped up because I would be useless during the week (there is 3 hockey games per week)...

And boy 'em I grumpy too... Beating the Pred and Blue notes will go far in helping spread Christmas cheer!

Yeah, and I'm kinda ticked that it's down because it seemed than another thread on PPP was about to be hijacked into the RTTM cluster. I know I shouldn't enjoy those threads, but hearing HA throw something in beyond foolish every 10 or so posts that cause people to not agree that he is apparently correct on one wildly peripheral matter (in a very limited manner) that has NOTHING to do with eugenics is extremely entertaining to me for some reason.

Yeah, and I'm kinda ticked that it's down because it seemed than another thread on PPP was about to be hijacked into the RTTM cluster. I know I shouldn't enjoy those threads, but hearing HA throw something in beyond foolish every 10 or so posts that cause people to not agree that he is apparently correct on one wildly peripheral matter (in a very limited manner) that has NOTHING to do with eugenics is extremely entertaining to me for some reason.

Agree... Same here...

We all disagree about this and that... I get carried away from time to time, NO! :blush: ... But, what really strikes me as odd is that he (HA) doesn't "bow out" gracefully... He keeps on digging himself a hole... Now granted, I can't make heads or tails out of all that stuff... And for me this says a lot, I am downright scared of some of his beliefs... Entertaining none the same!

Agree... Same here...

We all disagree about this and that... I get carried away from time to time, NO! :blush: ... But, what really strikes me as odd is that he (HA) doesn't "bow out" gracefully... He keeps on digging himself a hole... Now granted, I can't make heads or tails out of all that stuff... And for me this says a lot, I am downright scared of some of his beliefs... Entertaining none the same!

I am not certain whether he is an idiot savant or just an idiot. :P

Because he keeps coming back and never replying in a manner that could get him "removed" from the community, I ALMOST believe that the whole discussion is a setup where he brings his friends over to his house to share some fine Shiraz and foie gras just to laugh at us idiots that try to call him out on stuff. But then he says something that is almost painfully stupid and contradictory to EVERYTHING he has said in the past month and I go back to thinking I give him FAR too much credit.

Archived