im overreacting

mediumishot

hey guys,

i know we only have 6 losses and 50 points, but for some reason i feel reserved latley watching this team. maybe its the fact we played more defensivley leading up to the sens game, or maybe im just wanting them to go out and dominate again like the first part of the season. but for some reason i cant shake this awkward feeling i have right now. Our PP is terrible, Ales couldnt pot a goal right now if i put my grandma in net, and we seem to be being played very even or better as of late....someone reassure that im just imagining this...it could be the fact that it's monday and im sitting at work missing the weekend that has me feeling this way,but cmon, help a guy out...and by no means does this post mean im losing faith in my team, it could be the fact i care too much about this that when they lose or get outplayed i feel like crap...hmm, maybe i should see a therapist...

wow...sorry for the rant...

I've had the same feeling for a few weeks. It's not that I don't expect a few losses, but it seems like thery have a few issues. It seems the team can only generate offense on the break. They have a hard time cycling the puck low and getting to rebounds in the offensive zone. Opposing teams seem to have a much easier time clearing their zone than the Sabres who seem to have some trouble clearing their own zone. I understand the philosophy is to pass and skate the puck out to genereate offense, not just shoot it out, but there are times when that is what's called for and when they try to do it they have great difficulty.

I don't think you are overreacting. You are a discriminating fan. I too am worried.

Look at your signature. The Sabres are a complacent team. I've said it before -- these games look like exhibition games to me. I mean, that's how the Sabres are playing. We are getting everyone else's best game, every time. It's amazing to see.

I want to see intensity tomorrow night. I want to see hair on fire. When was the last time you could say that about this team?

hey guys,

i know we only have 6 losses and 50 points, but for some reason i feel reserved latley watching this team. maybe its the fact we played more defensivley leading up to the sens game, or maybe im just wanting them to go out and dominate again like the first part of the season. but for some reason i cant shake this awkward feeling i have right now. Our PP is terrible, Ales couldnt pot a goal right now if i put my grandma in net, and we seem to be being played very even or better as of late....someone reassure that im just imagining this...it could be the fact that it's monday and im sitting at work missing the weekend that has me feeling this way,but cmon, help a guy out...and by no means does this post mean im losing faith in my team, it could be the fact i care too much about this that when they lose or get outplayed i feel like crap...hmm, maybe i should see a therapist...

I'll try and make you feel better even though I have some of the same concerns about this team...

-We have basically the same group from last year that really got hot after the first of the year.

-I believe Miller is playing better than last year and will be VERY GOOD down the stretch and in the playoffs.

-There are a few guys in just their 2nd full year in the NHL(Roy, Pominville, Vanek, Miller, Gaustad) who may just need a shot in the arm to get going again.

-Tallinder is taking part in full practice and will hopefully be back by this weekend at the latest.

-Kotalik can't get any worse.

-Connolly sighting is always a good sign.

-Peters will soon be in the press box for the remainder of the season and this can only mean good things for the fourth line.

hey guys,

I don' t think you're the only one....keep in mind you're probably not basing your thinking on the season as a whole---my feeling is based upon the past 10-14 days (i.e. post washington game). Given the recent average stretch hockey is a long season with ups and downs to say the least...to say the least we are in a down rut right now from a team in 1st place perspective any way. With that in mind however i do feel our "rut" could have been a helluva lot worst had Drury, Briere, and Miller not played as well as they have been. Also with the injury bug not only wears on your team physically but mentally as well with all the different line combos and different D pairings. I do feel though that the following players seem lost out there based on their recent play:

Pominville --- 4/5 weeks ago was the team's leading goal scorer....haven't heard much..he looks slower..??

Hect-- yah a tip in goal but other than that nothing to make me stand up and shout

Kotalik--- enough said--Paille and Stafford prove they deserve to be up permanently

Khalin & Teppo --- i feel are our weakest pairing right now---both looked bad and got burnt out there vs the Sens. Hopefully the latter's foot is plaguing him a bit and he's not already tired from all the ice time early on...

Novotny--demoted from 1st to 4th line---I still feel Paile deserves his or Peter's spot. Though I think the cap has something to do with this.

I also feel that our D have not been involved as much in the tempo, not joining in the rush as often. It's easy to name names etc during a recent funk but hopefully things will right themselves like we we're accustomed to a few weeks back. One more point to the schedule = we have played some tough teams during this stretch....even counting washington I watched Alex O singlehandedly dominate and lead his Caps in a game on center ice a week ago. you never know.

I don' t think you're the only one....keep in mind you're probably not basing your thinking on the season as a whole---my feeling is based upon the past 10-14 days (i.e. post washington game). Given the recent average stretch hockey is a long season with ups and downs to say the least...to say the least we are in a down rut right now from a team in 1st place perspective any way. With that in mind however i do feel our "rut" could have been a helluva lot worst had Drury, Briere, and Miller not played as well as they have been. Also with the injury bug not only wears on your team physically but mentally as well with all the different line combos and different D pairings. I do feel though that the following players seem lost out there based on their recent play:

Pominville --- 4/5 weeks ago was the team's leading goal scorer....haven't heard much..he looks slower..??

Hect-- yah a tip in goal but other than that nothing to make me stand up and shout

Kotalik--- enough said--Paille and Stafford prove they deserve to be up permanently

Khalin & Teppo --- i feel are our weakest pairing right now---both looked bad and got burnt out there vs the Sens. Hopefully the latter's foot is plaguing him a bit and he's not already tired from all the ice time early on...

Novotny--demoted from 1st to 4th line---I still feel Paile deserves his or Peter's spot. Though I think the cap has something to do with this.

I also feel that our D have not been involved as much in the tempo, not joining in the rush as often. It's easy to name names etc during a recent funk but hopefully things will right themselves like we we're accustomed to a few weeks back. One more point to the schedule = we have played some tough teams during this stretch....even counting washington I watched Alex O singlehandedly dominate and lead his Caps in a game on center ice a week ago. you never know.

Actually i thought Hecht has been one of the guys with his motor running latley, i havnt really seen the explosive chemistry in his line but when the entire team seems to be slower i think he has been one of the better skaters lately...

Pommer does make me worry though

I've been suffering from my first real bout of Buffalo Sports Fan Pessimism since the season began since Saturday's game. I don't think it's time to worry at this point as the long season lends itself to ups and downs, but it certainy appears that this team is going to have to realize quickly that no one is going to give them an easy game.

I don't think you are overreacting. You are a discriminating fan. I too am worried.

Look at your signature. The Sabres are a complacent team. I've said it before -- these games look like exhibition games to me. I mean, that's how the Sabres are playing. We are getting everyone else's best game, every time. It's amazing to see.

I want to see intensity tomorrow night. I want to see hair on fire. When was the last time you could say that about this team?

I am very concerned with level of play in last few weeks. The team looks flat at times, slow and seems to be to concerned about making those perfect passes versus shooting and getting rebounds. We need to start dominating and dictating against teams like the sens, habs and others to let them know now they aren't in our same class.

Actually i thought Hecht has been one of the guys with his motor running latley, i havnt really seen the explosive chemistry in his line but when the entire team seems to be slower i think he has been one of the better skaters lately...

Pommer does make me worry though

Hecht has been average for a guy with his salary 2.35 mill per i expect more than 6 points in the past 13 games...but as you say i think there are others to worry about before him.

Hecht has been average for a guy with his salary 2.35 mill per i expect more than 6 points in the past 13 games...but as you say i think there are others to worry about before him.

I'd like to see Hecht with Drury for a couple of games and put Kotalik with Briere & Pominville. Except for Roy/Vanek/Max, I'm up for moving the lines around.

I'd like to see Hecht with Drury for a couple of games and put Kotalik with Briere & Pominville. Except for Roy/Vanek/Max, I'm up for moving the lines around.

I agree, def keep roy/max/vanek together..but switching things up could add a little spark, i think ALes with Briere and Pommer may give him more chances and maybe if he scores hell get off the horrible shnide hes on

Novotny--demoted from 1st to 4th line

That's a great observation. I had forgotten that Novotny started the season on the Briere line.

While a lot of you have recently gotten worried, I wasn't thrilled with the Sabres' game even when they were in the midst of that winning streak. How many games did we come back to win? Getting picky, I guess. :) But seriously, I don't think there was a specific turning point. A lot of the problems now have been there from Opening Night.

The Sabres are doing very well, the Jack Ass award for most points during the regular season is useless and so is burning the team out..........We need to step it up during the playoffs, that is the biggest grind of all and they is what really matters............ :beer:

This was inevitable. The Sabres had a great start and they also had quite a few games were they have absolutely dominated. Those games when they dominated are not always the best things to happen. They often seem to reward bad habits and occasionally sloppy play.

The net may look a little smaller right now, but these are the times that make a season.

They have to work through them and realize that they are not good enough nor do they have

enough talent to get outworked. There is too much talent in the league for any team to do that.

They still have 50 games to play. The team is in a good place and has plenty of depth.

Get away from me! I mean what's the point? What's the point! They're all gonna get E-coli and die in May anyway! Goodbye! Jauron-imo!!!!!!!

<looks over ledge to see PA on pavement>

He must have hit the coffee shop canopy everybody. He just ordered a latte from

his back and he's trying to pay in hockey cards.

Yeah I'm fine. I honestly believed I could fly. I have a headache though.

That's a great observation. I had forgotten that Novotny started the season on the Briere line.

What was I thinking? Max was on right wing on opening night. He put Briere offside in Game 2, nearly pulling the co-cappy's groin, and that was the end of the experiment.

My first mistake of the year! :oops:

hey guys,

the rangers are a solid hockey team and they lost their last three games 9-2, 6-1, and 4-3....slumps are inevitable....better now, than april/may/june....

Archived